Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

David Tuller in Undark: A Study of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Therapies Is Debunked (Again)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kati, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Kati

Kati Patient in training

A Study of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Therapies Is Debunked (Again)

A new analysis of a 2011 study that supported dubious treatments for the disease finds that its conclusions were “not justified by the data.”

http://undark.org/2016/12/19/british-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-study-faces-yet-debunking/

Short article by David Tuller. Here is what he wrote on his Facebook page about it

Also on twitter:

barbc56, taniaaust1, Hutan and 23 others like this.
  2. chipmunk1

chipmunk1 Senior Member

dp.gif

I wonder if they will clean up the mess?

3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Very good, concise article on what's so horribly wrong with the "recovery" paper.

I've left a comment (currently in moderation).

Please let's all go and read the article, give David the traffic, and leave comments - it all helps to pave the way for more articles!

4. Barry53

Barry53 Senior Member

UK
    Unfortunately there are so many who do not, and assume it is not their responsibility; so the analogy still holds very true.

halcyon and Luther Blissett like this.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Some very good comments on his article, worth having a look.

And don't forget to leave one yourself! It all helps David get future coverage.

Luther Blissett, actup, Kati and 2 others like this.
  6. If it's fraud, if it is not immediately denounced, stopped apologies given and prosecutions begun....as they have not....
    then it's deliberate system of fraud to deny treatment and help to millions of people
    thus: genocide
    Cold blooded, deliberate evil

We hanged people for such crimes en masse 76 years ago and for damn good reason.

Time the Aegean Stables were cleaned out again, and the turds shown for what they are and all their honours and wealth taken from them, before welding them in jail cells for the rest of their miserable, misbegotten lives.

or we could sentence them to a life time serving in the likes of Doctors Without Borders, living and aiding those in the worst conditions on Earth while dealing with the threats of disease, bandits, terrorists and booby traps.
    That would both be useful and poetic justice.

taniaaust1 and TiredSam like this.
  7. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Can't agree to them being allowed anywhere near vulnerable people again. They'd be handing out questionnaires in no time.

8. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Update from David on Facebook:

Woolie, *GG*, Esther12 and 5 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.