1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Data base for supplements/herbs?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by barbc56, Nov 8, 2013.

1. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

I used to know a site about side effects and interactions for supplements and herbal products but have forgotten the URL. It's easy to find this with prescription medications.

I am looking for sites that are not considered alternative. This is not a bash against alt. sites, but I am looking for more science based sites.

Thanks.

Edit. Mods. not sure this is the correct place for this thread. If not feel free to move it.:)

2. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Bump. Somehow this thread ended up near the bottom of the page! Time for bed, methinks!

3. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    There is this one - http://naturaldatabaseconsumer.ther....aspx?referer=kaiserpermanenteconsumer&lang=0

barbc56 and Valentijn like this.
  4. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

ThĂ nks, Kina!!!:thumbsup:

5. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

barbc56 likes this.
  6. bel canto

bel canto Senior Member

Consumerlab.com is a subscription-based testing company, but I think that some of their reports are available to any reader. I've found their articles to be very thorough and informative. And the list of what they test is extensive.

This is what wikipedia says about them:

ConsumerLab.com, LLC. is a privately held American company registered in White Plains, NY. It is a publisher of test results on health, wellness, and nutrition products.[1][2] Its mission is "to identify the best quality health and nutrition products through independent testing."[3]

ConsumerLab.com was founded in 1999. It purchases supplement products on the open market for testing and publishes a report on them with reports obtained on sample products it submits to third party laboratories for testing. It primarily derives revenue from the sale of subscriptions to its online publications. Other sources of revenue include a proprietary certification program, licensing fees, contents re-publication license fees and advertising.[3]

barbc56 and Valentijn like this.
  7. tandrsc

tandrsc

UK
    barbc56 likes this.
  8. tandrsc

tandrsc

UK
  9. tandrsc

tandrsc

UK
  10. tandrsc