Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Data analysis Puts PACE Trial on Slippery Slope to Retraction" by Cort Johnson

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

2. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

It may be he is honestly mistaken but Cort gives all the analysis credit to Stark and Levine, the professional statisticians. I thought that it was actually Alem Mathews, Tom Kindlon and a lady whose name I can't recall at the moment who actually did it? Am I right or wrong with that thought?

mango and Valentijn like this.
  3. Stewart

Stewart Senior Member

I assumed - possibly incorrectly - that Cort was highlighting the role of Stark and Levine because he wants to get the message across to casual readers and the wider world that this analysis comes from big, credible names from revered academic institutions, and not just disgruntled patients. I don't think he was trying to airbrush the other three authors out of the picture - especially as the Virology blog makes clear that they did the bulk of the work.

AndyPR and adreno like this.
  4. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    Well, that being said I think it would have been appropriate to give credit to all of the authors as they all worked very hard on this.

mango, BurnA, trishrhymes and 3 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.