• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Darryl Hall of Hall & Oats band, his lyme story

roxie60

Found posted on another forum. This is rather dated so the theory of getting rid of deer is not really embraced now a days since other animals are thought tobe carriers like certain mice and birds. The deer are just host victims like people. Thats my current understanding, more study needs to be done figuring out the source. But his personal story resonates with my experience even though this is an older article, thought others here may relate.

http://www.healthline.com/health/daryl-hall-lyme-disease#2

The Healthline Interview: Daryl Hall
Written by Jenny Stewart | Published on November 28, 2011

Singer/songwriter Daryl Hall is a soul survivor in every sense. With John Oates he formed Hall & Oates, the most successful recording duo of all time, scoring a slew of No. 1 singles including “Rich Girl,” “Kiss on My List" and "Sara Smile" across six consecutive multi-platinum albums in the 70s and 80s.

More recently he has reinvented himself for the digital age by collaborating with a mix of legends and newer performers including Smokey Robinson, The Doors, Todd Rundgren, Train, Rob Thomas, Chromeo and Eric Hutchinson on his own WEBBY award-winning variety show Live From Daryl’s House. But Hall's greatest challenge has been met in his personal life. On the heels of his latest release Laughing Down Crying, Hall spoke candidly to Healthline about his five-year battle with Lyme disease, how he successfully manages the enigmatic illness and standing strong and remaining youthful at 65.

Daryl, you were diagnosed with Lyme disease about five years ago, and you’re always willing to speak publicly about it. Let’s start from the beginning. How did you contract Lyme disease?

I got it the way everybody gets it. I’ve lived in the country for many, many years – in the New York / Connecticut border; it’s a hotbed of deer and other wildlife animals. I’d been bitten over the years so many times, and I think it finally reached a critical mass and I crashed and burned about five years ago.

Read the rest of the interview here.

Last edited by a moderator: