• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dance and Pay the Piper

belize44

Two days ago I was having an exceptionally good day; mood was good, energy high. I started dancing to some old music from my youth (most unwise as I grew short of breath within minutes) and....two days later I am crashed. I even vomited twice before going down for the count which was new for me. I can barely sip water and though I am severely dehydrated I fear more vomiting if I drink too much liquid; it's as if there is a feeling of fullness in my stomach. I have been sleeping round the clock since yesterday afternoon and only got up to check emails and post on here, then back to bed.

Anyway just needed to vent; this disease is so cruel!

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Similar situation - after an exceptionally good few weeks I noticed that when I was on the phone, instead of lying on my sofa and limiting it to 20 minutes, I stood up and started pacing around while I was talking. That didn't last long. It's so easy to forget and start "getting back to normal" during a good phase.

Hope you recover soon :).

belize44

When I was in my twenties, I used to dance all the time; I just loved it! Before this disease took over, I used to do so many things and I am feeling the resentment now. @TiredSam; I have had this happen from long phone conversations, too so I can relate. I am up and about a bit today, because the landlord wants to show our apartment since we are moving out next week. All I want to do is crawl back into bed...:ill:

belize44

Well, we're all moved in now. And since there is a flight of stairs, I have pain in muscles that I never knew I had! But is a nicer and larger apartment than the one we vacated, and it is also very quiet up here. I am still crashed but slowly recovering. Thanks for the support; I love this site!