Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dance and Pay the Piper

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by belize44, Nov 19, 2016.

1. belize44

belize44 Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    Two days ago I was having an exceptionally good day; mood was good, energy high. I started dancing to some old music from my youth (most unwise as I grew short of breath within minutes) and....two days later I am crashed. I even vomited twice before going down for the count which was new for me. I can barely sip water and though I am severely dehydrated I fear more vomiting if I drink too much liquid; it's as if there is a feeling of fullness in my stomach. I have been sleeping round the clock since yesterday afternoon and only got up to check emails and post on here, then back to bed.

Anyway just needed to vent; this disease is so cruel!

Joh, Mij, erin and 13 others like this.
  2. AndyPR

AndyPR Cookies for Tired Sam

So sorry to hear you've crashed, hope it passes quickly.

And yes, it is cruel.

Mij, belize44, rosieness and 7 others like this.
  3. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

UK
    Love and hugs. I hope you feel better soon. It's such a cruel condition.:hug:

Mij, belize44, rosieness and 6 others like this.
  4. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

Hoping it passes soon for you also @belize44 :hug:

Mij, L'engle, belize44 and 4 others like this.
  5. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Similar situation - after an exceptionally good few weeks I noticed that when I was on the phone, instead of lying on my sofa and limiting it to 20 minutes, I stood up and started pacing around while I was talking. That didn't last long. It's so easy to forget and start "getting back to normal" during a good phase.

Hope you recover soon :).

rosie26, L'engle, Webdog and 4 others like this.
  6. belize44

belize44 Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    When I was in my twenties, I used to dance all the time; I just loved it! Before this disease took over, I used to do so many things and I am feeling the resentment now. @TiredSam; I have had this happen from long phone conversations, too so I can relate. I am up and about a bit today, because the landlord wants to show our apartment since we are moving out next week. All I want to do is crawl back into bed...:ill:

rosie26, erin, Sushi and 2 others like this.
  7. erin

erin Senior Member

I hope you get better soon. Mind you, you could get crushed for other reasons, at least you had some fun. I love dancing, I should say I used to love dancing. It's all "I used to..." nowadays.

Joh, MastBCrazy, Mel9 and 2 others like this.
  8. belize44

belize44 Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    @ erin: alas, so true. Everything is "used to."

rosie26, Joh, erin and 1 other person like this.
  9. MastBCrazy

MastBCrazy

Toronto, ON
    Wishing you the best for the move @belize44 !

10. belize44

belize44 Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    Well, we're all moved in now. And since there is a flight of stairs, I have pain in muscles that I never knew I had! But is a nicer and larger apartment than the one we vacated, and it is also very quiet up here. I am still crashed but slowly recovering. Thanks for the support; I love this site!

rosie26, TiredSam, Mel9 and 4 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.