1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dairy free Probiotics (Culturelle), OAT test question

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by musicchick581, May 23, 2014.

1. musicchick581

musicchick581 Senior Member

I'm on a low thiol diet to reduce urine sulfAtes but my sulfItes are normal.
    My OAT urine test came back with a few things off but my doctor wasn't convinced I have candida or any issues there. (Hippuric, HPHPA and arabinose are high).
    I'd like to be sure though and treat the HPHPA (clostridia).
    Do you know anything about dairy free probiotics? Will they work as well?
    My OAT test results recommend Culturelle, lactobacillus rhamnosus GG but I just figured I should do dairy free since I am lactose intolerant, have felt bad or no effect on previous probiotics, and I thought I read somewhere that probiotics are a "no" for those with sulfate issues.
    Help?

2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Try the version that uses coconut water,

http://www.inner-eco.com/

Probiotics are very important so I wouldn't cut them out completely!

3. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Despite the name, Culturelle looks like it's a probiotic pill, not complexed in milk like yogurt or kefir. It should be fine.

4. musicchick581

musicchick581 Senior Member

thanks..any idea why probiotics are a no? Are they a cause of sulfur? I ordered Culturelle.

See more popular forum discussions.