• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Daily Worldwide Prayer for ME/CFS/FM - Please Join

Hi,

I would like to organize a one-minute prayer everyday to ask God for the cause(s)and cure(s) for our illnesses.

Here is what inspired me:

Someone has said if we really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless.
Did you know that during WWII there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England , its people and peace?"​

I'd like your help to do this...

If you would like to participate: Every evening at (9:00 PM Eastern Time) (8:00 PM Central) (7:00 PM Mountain) (6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying.

You can post below - if you want to to show your support or remain anonymous - either way God will know...

I know I need God's help and I want so badly to find the cause and cure so that we can go forward and stop the suffering.

God Bless,

Elisabeth

PLEASE JOIN OUR DAILY WORLDWIDE PRAYER FOR ME/CFS/FM on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daily-...23675807654046

Martlet

Elizabeth

I will gladly join you in prayer. Sometimes, I might forget to do it at the exact time, but the same God who hears our prayers also works outside of time, so we will still be united.

Whenever two or three agree...

JT1024

Elizabeth,

I will also gladly join you in prayer. As Martlet said above, it might not be at the exact time!

Thank you! ~ JT

kat0465

that is wonderful Idea Elizabeth!! i will be Praying also with everyone,so count me in
Kat

jspotila

Me too, although I may forget to pray precisely at 9pm. But I say a Healing Prayer every day (for myself and others) in the morning, and will try to remember to renew the prayer in the evening as well.

Hi All,

Wow - I'm so happy we're all going to pray!!!

I also made a Facebook page in case anyone wants to join - same name - "Daily Worldwide Prayer for ME/CFS/FM"

I hope this link works:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daily-Worldwide-Prayer-for-MECFSFM/123675807654046

PS I set my phone alarm for 9 PM (I'm on eastern standard time) to help me remember when to pray.

I wish I could tell you how great it feels evertime someone says they will pray with us!

God Bless,

Elisabeth

BEG

I've been participating since I read this thread. I follow usual nighttime prayer for those with CFS, finding a cause and cure. Empowering in its own way.

I have a book about praying for plants and how the "prayed for" plants did so much better. Imagine what we can do for people. Will give name and publisher if anyone is interested in plant book.

Brown-eyed Girl

Hi!

Thanks so much for your kind message - I am so glad you are part of our prayer group!

The info about plants being prayed for doing better - was very inspiring...

When I pray at 9PM I really think about all the others in this prayer group and it feels great!

I really needed to hear good news today - can't explain the reasons right now - with this illness its always a long story.

Anyway, join our Facebook page too - by the same name if you want...

God Bless You!

Elisabeth

kat0465

everyone on the prayer thread, please not only pray for cfids to be eradicated and for us to get our health back. but pray for all of us on the gulf coast. theres going to be a lot of people sick from all the
chemical exposure :( it has even been raining Oil in parts of La.

thanks everyone and Keep Praying :)
Kat

Hi All,

I am still praying everynight and it's great. I now keep a list with everyone's names and pray for each one nightly. I pray for a cause (or causes), a cure (or cures) and of course to heal all those suffering from these illnesses.

I have a facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=123675807654046&share_id=126974880654787&comments=1) that gives the details on time - so we all pray at the same time. I need to add time zones for outside the US though...We have 13 people now that have joined to pray with us!

Let me know if you decide to join us!

Thanks to all who are praying...it helps me feeling like I am doing something to help!

God Bless,

Elisabeth

I am reposting this because it helps me stay motivated for our cause - a cure for ME/CFS/FM!!!!

Here is what inspired me:

Someone has said if we really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless.
Did you know that during WWII there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England , its people and peace?"

God Bless,

Elisabeth

Hi, does anyone know what time this would be in the UK? How heartwarming for people to unite in prayer.

HI!!!!!

Welcome Hope and Margib!

You both have made my day today - and I needed a boost!

Hope, I think the time in the UK is 2AM (so late at night) - I need to think about how to arrange our prayers times for those in the UK and Europe.

I'm open to any suggestions...

God Bless,

Elisabeth

C

Cloud

I've been participating since I read this thread. I follow usual nighttime prayer for those with CFS, finding a cause and cure. Empowering in its own way.

I have a book about praying for plants and how the "prayed for" plants did so much better. Imagine what we can do for people. Will give name and publisher if anyone is interested in plant book.

I too pray for our community as a whole, but I would like to participate in a set time for daily prayer and mediation. I believe the UK is 8 hours ahead of PST....set a time, I'm in.

Brown Eyed Girl.....have you read the Findhorn Gardens books?