• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Daily Vote To Help Nat'l ME/FM Action Network Win $2,000!

rosie26

this link should take you directly to the original entry. http://www.karmacanada.ca/contest/organizations/national-mefm-action-network/?search=helen
there has been a bit of confusion, as it looks like people need to register to vote, and that registration is a pain. Registration is not needed. Voting for any of the comments under National MEFM Action Network will add to the total vote count, but this is a direct link to the one with the most votes, if that is easier for people.
@Little Bluestem, I don't know all the ins and outs of it, helen41 posted this link earlier on for easier access for us to vote.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
What is the purpose of voting for an ambassador? Is Helen someone you particularly want to win or someone picked at random?

The ambassador accepts the prize on behalf of the charity--answering a mathematical question to do so (circumvents a legal problem about giveaways in some locations). It's possible the ambassador might need to be a Canadian, but I am not sure about the rules (confusing).

It seems they are lumping all the votes for the various ambassadors to the same charity together, but because it looks like a person needs to register, we got a high number of people applying to be ambassador.

Helen is one of the admins of the fundraisisng group who put in the entry, and she is Canadian. There are some other Canadian entries, but as I said, I can't tell whether that matters or not. Maybe only the charity has to be Canadian.

Paragraph breaks are my own (no breaks are in the original)
No purchase is required. The Contest begins on March 16th, 2015 at 0:00:01s (EDT) and ends on August 31st, 2015 at 23:59:59 (EDT). Ten (10) grand prizes (the “Grand Prize”) will be awarded in this Contest.

Each Grand Prize consists of an opportunity for each winner to nominate an Eligible Charitable Organization (as defined in the Official Contest Rules) to which the Sponsor will donate $2,000.00 if such an Eligible Charitable Organization is declared a Grand Prize Winner (as defined in the Official Contest Rules) Total donations to Eligible Charitable Organizations are $ 20,000.00.

To be eligible to participate in the Contest, a participant must be a legal resident of a Canadian province or territory; and have reached the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence at the time of participation in the Contest. Winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill–testing question.

Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by the contest closing date. Each Prize must be accepted “as is” and may not be transferred or converted to cash. The Prize may not be substituted. Any Prize that has not been accepted by the winner will be deemed forfeited.

By participating in the Contest, the participant acknowledges that he/she has read the official contest rules and agrees to abide by them. For official contest rules and for more details, visit www.karmacanada.ca

This one is formatted as found:
Simply follow these 4 easy steps to support a cause you care about!

1. Fill out the form below
  2. Choose a charitable organization you would like to receive $2,000
  3. Describe why this cause is important to you
  4. Invite your friends to vote for your cause by sharing it on facebook. The cause with the most number of votes will end up in the 20 finalists.
A drawing will be held among the finalists to determine 10 winning organizations!

Here I again added para breaks
(This is an excerpt from the long rules)
No purchase is required to participate in the Contest. To participate in the Contest, during the
Contest Period, the participant (the “Participant”) must fill an Entry form online. Limit of one
Entry per person per day.

The Participant whose Entry has been accepted by the Sponsor may
share in on Facebook his/her participation in the Contest along with the name of the Eligible
Charitable Organization he/she has chosen and receive votes through an online platform so that
his/her Eligible Charitable Organization may have a chance to be listed as one of the twenty
(20) finalists for the Grand Prize.

Last edited: