1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Daily Telegraph: Why the Right could doom welfare reform

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by Firestormm, May 25, 2013.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    anna8, Valentijn and Sasha like this.
  2. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Two words:
    F*** 'EM !
    prefferably with a succulent desert-dwelling plant up their colonic orifice.... :alien:

It's bureaucratic, ideologically-driven insanity.If it continues down "the rabbit hole" of state sponsored lunacy, they'll eventually have doctors sorting out those who go to the "showers" or not....
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Ta Fire. There are good and bad things about this article, and I get the impression that the writer hadn't done much research for it. So a big improvement on most of the coverage we've seen!
  4. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Interesting development (can't recall if it was in the opinion piece above or not now). Hit the news in the past couple of days, that a govt. department had flagged Universal Credit with an 'Amber Warning'. Meaning that the chances of success were not as good as promised (my interpretation). Red meaning failure. Green meaning success likely.

DWP responded saying that the data upon which this had been based were 8 months old and that Universal Credit was on-track for successful implementation. So who knows? Disaster waiting to happen? Personally I have always believed a simple-system would be best - but I think it will be the computer-software that lets clients down.

There is much that can go wrong with this...
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    http://atosvictimsgroup.co.uk/

This is a good source for such information earlier ... I saw this article earlier. However do be warned that the editorials are becoming increasingly more strident, empassioned, and read like propaganda from our side. Sigh, things are getting tough for many over there. I wish I could do more.
    Valentijn likes this.
  6. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

The recent benefit reforms have really screwed over a lot of really sick and disabled people - it's hard to talk frankly about that without it sounding off-puttingly like propaganda. I'm sure that it does put some people off though.
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.