August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Daily Mail - Disgusting old fart ....

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Marco, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Marco

Marco Grrrrrrr!

Near Cognac, France
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...lts-regarding-flawed-study.html#ixzz4oVLZUwAX

2. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member

UK
    No surprises from the Daily Mail. I hope those who can will comment there.

MEMum likes this.
  3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    The Daily Mail is a disgusting old fart, I agree. Oh wait, you were talking about an article!!?

4. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member

UK
    If anyone is able to post in the Mail comments it would be good to include the link to the JHP online edition

snowathlete and Skippa like this.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

Actually a pretty good article. There's no real defense of PACE, and they make it sound like most people found it objectionable from the start :rofl:

6. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Throwing insults at each other (not just one way).

Whilst the DM might not be people's paper of choice... (eta'd to remove my personal opinions here)...

It at least pays tribute to the "other side of the argument" - and no I'm not reading the whole thing 'cos I'm sure much of it will upset me.

I'm clinging to any positives, however small.

I'm starting to think Coyne knows how to get media attention - no insults, no story.

7. Demepivo

Demepivo Dolores Abernathy

Brilliant!

Esperanza, dangermouse, MEMum and 2 others like this.
  8. Stewart

Stewart Senior Member

...the irony being that it's not Coyne we've got to thank for this - it's whichever idiot thought it was a good idea to pass Coyne's emails to The Times.

pernille, hixxy, Esperanza and 7 others like this.
  9. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Best article I've ever read at the Mail to be fair. I could almost believe I was reading a proper paper for a moment.

10. Chrisb

Chrisb Senior Member

Do we know who was the third editor who resigned? Strange that only two ever get a mention in all the coverage.

Strange also how many of those with whom we have to contend seem to have made the journey from Trotskyite. There was even once a Secretary of State for Health. He of "Haze of Dope" fame.

MEMum and Ritto like this.
  11. Sean

Sean Senior Member

12. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

Looks like a rewrite of the Times article to me. Funny that they give more space to explaining what at Trotskyite is than to explaining what ME is.

13. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Liverpool UK
    I wonder if any of them were 'plants' within those organizations and once the communist threat was over they showed their true colours by continuing to work for their true masters.

MEMum and Chrisb like this.
  14. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    I'm happy with that. If you click on the "StatNews" link it goes straight to Julie Rehmeyer's article, which is brilliant. Plus there's an explanation of what a trotskyite is for those who don't know how to google. I googled "difference between marxist and trotskyite" this morning just to be sure where Fiona Fox and George Davey Smith differ in their former ideologies (they're both pie merchants now).

emsho, dangermouse, Demepivo and 8 others like this.
  15. adreno

adreno PR activist

A juiced up rewrite of the Times article.

Demepivo likes this.
  16. wdb

wdb Senior Member

London
    For a Daily Mail article I'm quite pleased with that, this whole Angry scientists throw insults angle might be working out quite well in term of giving news outlets a good headline and a reason to cover the story, any publicity is good if it gets more people to look at the journal.

17. Marco

Marco Grrrrrrr!

Near Cognac, France
    Well they say there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Cunning or inadvertent success (Coyne?) or own goal (BPS crowd) the juicy spat between scientists also manages to get the major issues into the public domain plus advertises the JHP special which I'm pretty sure would have otherwise been ignored by the mainstream media.

Dolphin, pernille, Jan and 10 others like this.
  18. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Yep, all this can only be good news. Those BPS charlatans have thrived in darkness. All this is going to let the light come pouring in.

HORROR-OF-DRACULA-the-Count-in-pain.png

19. Mrs Sowester

Mrs Sowester Senior Member

Comments by Ms Cooper are great, she's saying she has 'professional qualifications in Stress Management and hold a first class honours Degree in Mental Health/Counselling' but 'Shockingly I've been unable to talk myself out of being so ill I can barely function'.

20. Demepivo

Demepivo Dolores Abernathy

James Coyne is often an idiot but a useful one.

TiredSam and sarah darwins like this.

See more popular forum discussions.