The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Daily Beast Article: "New Research Shows Poorly Understood 'Leaky Gut Syndrome' Is Real"

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by ebethc, Apr 17, 2015.

1. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

New Research Shows Poorly Understood “Leaky Gut Syndrome” Is Real, May Be the Cause of Several Disease

"...Needless to say, the medical establishment does not accept it. The official medical societies for gastroenterologists, rheumatologists and internists don’t mention it on their websites. All three declined to comment on leaky gut for this piece. Their silence leaves conventional physicians to fend for themselves when patients inquire about it. With 10,000 published articles related to intestinal permeability, and scores of websites hyping the perils of “leaky gut,” doctors on the frontlines don’t have a fighting chance at getting to the truth. Meanwhile, sites likeQuackwatch and England’s National Health Service give stern warnings about not buying into this “unproven” diagnosis. ..."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...eal-may-be-the-cause-of-several-diseases.html

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Seems I have to use this expression twice in as many minutes: [​IMG]

ebethc and SilverbladeTE like this.
  3. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    as usual, the "system" is more concerned with it's appearance, it's power, it's rule, than facts

Beyond and ebethc like this.
  4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

The NHS website says:
    With these statements in mind:

(1) Is there anyone on this forum who has tested positive for leaky gut, via the lactulose/mannitol test for intestinal permeability, then followed a leaky gut diet and/or took leaky gut supplements (such as those listed in this thread) for several months, and then finally took the lactulose/mannitol leaky gut test once again, and discovered on the second taking of this test their leaky gut was healed, or that they had greatly reduced intestinal permeability?

(2) Is there anyone on this forum who has satisfied condition (1), and also noticed significant improvements in their ME/CFS or other symptoms as their intestinal permeability was demonstrably reduced or cured?

Valentijn and ebethc like this.

See more popular forum discussions.