August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

DAAO and GlyT1 inhibitors in treatment of Alzheimers, OCD, depression, schizophrenia, and more

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by pgoody, Jul 26, 2013.

1. pgoody

Here is an abstract that discusses the current thoughts behind this kind of treatment:

Currently the top two GlyT1 inhibitors available are sarcosine (an endogenous inhibitor) and Bitopertin (which will be marketed come 2015?).

D-amino acid oxidase (DAAO) inhibitors inhibit the breakdown of d-serine (and other D-amino acids). D-serine is an endogenous co-agonist of the NMDA glycine/d-serine site.

A few more links: more in depth explanation for OCD for depression sodium benzoate, a potential DAAO inhibiting agent for Alzheimers

There are likely other DAAO agents being tested, as I have read some material about this dating back at least 5 years. Sodium benzoate was something I just spotted on this particular site.

See more popular forum discussions.