The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

D lactic acidosis and me/cfs have similarities

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Zara, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Zara

Zara

Netherlands
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Runner5 and rodgergrummidge like this.
  2. Runner5

Runner5

PNW
    I know you want to delete this, but I hadn't seen it before so thank you for posting.

Just wondering though, it looks like from this report a low-carbohydrate diet would help symptoms. I'm sure people here have tried that, just curious, if you've gone low carb --- did it help, hurt? What happened?

3. jpcv

jpcv Senior Member

SE coast, Brazil
    Low carb diet helped me, mostly my gut problems , but it didnĀ“t help me a lot regarding other ME/CFS symptoms

Runner5 and ljimbo423 like this.
  4. Zara

Zara

Netherlands
    Hi

I tried for one year to do gluten free and sugar free diet...not yet knowing anything about this lactic accumulation in the body and blood.
    I felt a bit more energy, less GI problems, less pain. After one year i crashed anyways. Looking back it had to do with my work. This took too much energy, after 11 years being ill and fulltime working it destroyed my health.
    Now I started with sugar free diet and less carbohydrates. But is difficult because I depend on others to cook for me. I am housebound.

Runner5 likes this.
  5. Runner5

Runner5

PNW
    @Zara (((Big HUGS)))

6. Zara

Zara

Netherlands
    Thanks Runner5

See more popular forum discussions.