1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

D-Lactate an HS2 Tests?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by soulfeast, Apr 3, 2013.

1. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    I'm sorry. Tried to find but can't. Where would I find tests for D-Lactate and HS2? In US if available?
    I know the Organix Profile from Metametrix tests for D-Lactate, but hoping not to have to pay for that test since I just had a GI Effects panel as well as slew of other tests.. just want D-Lactate alone and HS2.

Thank you!!
  2. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
  3. Glynis Steele

Glynis Steele Senior Member

Newcastle upon Tyne UK
    It looks like they send it to Mayo Clinic for testing, by the looks of the address at the bottom of the link. Mayo also have the test available, if you would rather go through them direct.

http://isj.testcatalog.org/show/DLAU

I would imagine that both would be ok for d-lactate testing. I would take the test late afternoon, if possible, as d-lactate accumulates after each carb containing meal, reaching a peak in late afternoon, early evening. Sorry, don't know about HS2 test, maybe someone else might.

BW

Glynis x
  4. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    Thank you, Glynis.
  5. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    Do you mean H2S - hydrogen sulfide?
  6. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member