1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cytomegalovirus

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by wastwater, Sep 13, 2013.

1. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    Hi,does anyone know if its possible to test positive for cytomegalovirus then negative,i thought once you had it the antibody test would always show positive even if its not active.Could it of been a false positive?any input thanks.
  2. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    Or a false negative. It could also be that your negative doesn't mean you have no antibodies, but just below the level they test for active infection.
  3. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I wondered if the test could cross react with a different herpes virus or pick up something that looks like cytomegalovirus
  4. Clodomir

Clodomir In hibernation mood

Belgium
    Hi,

I have no experience with CMV, but, when I was young ( long time ago) I was positive for EBV and HHV6 and now, with a blood test we didn't see anything.... We had to do a biopsy ( stomach) to see that EBV and HHV6 are still there...
    The blood test shows no antibodies... But the biopsy well. It seems that it was because the viruses were asleep. Cross my fingers...

Have a nice day

Clodomir

See more popular forum discussions.