Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cytochrome P450 Testing In High-dose Opioid Patients

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Kyla, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    http://www.practicalpainmanagement....chrome-p450-testing-high-dose-opioid-patients

Excerpt:

Skippa and actup like this.
  2. Skippa

Skippa Senior Member

Ooh hello, anyone know what else I can look out for that is symptomatic of CYP450 deficiencies without actually getting tested?

3. cfs6691

cfs6691

Shouldn't CFSsufferers who are intolerant to chemicals or have had an adverse reaction to medication eg antibiotics,anabolic or contraceptive steroids(such as myself)also be tested since the cytochrome p-450 enzymes break down medications and other chemicals that need to be eliminated from the body?I have had adverse reactions to antibiotics and to contraceptive steroids,I suspect that I and other CFSsufferers may have undiagnosed liver damage that affects the body's ability to eliminate xenobiotics.I am not insured and I cannot afford to have genetic testing done.I am also wondering if it would serve any purpose even if it turned out that I have a mutation or polymorphisms since researchers are focused on their ideas and theories.I would probably be able to announce it by starting a thread but unless there is some way of having testing done that is affordable to someone who does'nt have many resources I don't see the point unless soneone keeps track of those findings and follows up(eg liver biopsy since blood tests are not reliable in order to rule out liver disease/damage or other tests if genetic testing points out to another organ/system being affected).

See more popular forum discussions.