• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cystoscopy.

Fuzzyhead

I am having one next week after having traces of blood in urine but no infection. Just wondering why I am having this because I have no bladder problems at all.

Jessie~

I have had 2 so far. I have no symptoms or complaints in that area. There has been blood in my urine (not visible) for years and that is why I had to start going to a Urologist. The cystoscopies are not exactly pleasant, but they are quick and no pain, IMO.

But it has become frustrating because I have to keep going back every year or 2 to a Urologist to wait forever in the waiting room(which is painful and exhausting) to have a 5 minute appointment, pee in a cup, get an occassional cystoscopy, and other tests just to be told that I still have blood in my urine, and they still don't know why. (They are checking/monitoring for bigger problems and haven't found any).

I am grateful, in a way, to not be ignored or overlooked like I am with so many of my other symptoms and complaints.

They keep telling me there can be many causes, many of which are no big deal. They found a cyst on my kidney too but told me that also is no big deal. I'm glad nothing bad is going on in that area, but I am also tired of the effort and PEM of these appointments that have given me no definitive answers.

I hope that this information can be helpful to you in some way. Good luck with yours.

Apple

@Fuzzyhead Try not to worry. As @-Jessie- has said, it could be something or it could be nothing. It's a good thing that they are taking it seriously and checking it out.

I have traces of blood in my urine as I have interstitial cystitis. But you'd know if you had that!

Do you know if you're going to be awake or asleep? A flexible cystoscopy is usually done when you're awake, and a rigid cystoscopy is usually done under a general.

I've also got Interstitial Cystitis.....get bleeding and patches of inflammation in my bladder that apparently come and go....
I drink bicarb of soda when its bad....

Fuzzyhead

Been for my cystoscopy this morning and he's sending me for a ct scan and a bladder biopsy. This is all my nightmares come true. He said women have bumps/lumps in their bladder and mine looked bigger and inflammed so he has to look into it. I told him i had health anxiety and he said he's 99% sure it's not cancer. He said it could be from the food poisoning i had 3 months ago, hormonal or just that's normal for me. I am going to worry all over xmas now
weep.gif

Sorry to hear you gave to deal with this just before Christmas....If it's any reassurance, when I had my cytoscopy they saw some patches of inflammation and I too had to have a CT scan and biopsy.

When I came to have the biopsy done under General anaesthetic, four months later the patch had gone....

I think I have inflammation in my bladder which comes and goes and sometimes bleeds. Interstitial Cystitis was mentioned.

They have to be careful and check everything out. ☺

roller

wiggle jiggle
the very most likely cause of cysts are parasites.
the most likely cause of our and other diseases are those parasites.

removing the cyst doesnt help, there will be new ones.
same place, other places, more and more.

you are lost. you wont get help.
we all know that already.
we all have the same.