Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cyst busters

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by heapsreal, Aug 31, 2015.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Currently using doxy and bactrim. Im pulsing flagyl but can only take 1x500mg dose and it smashes me hard.i feel like crap and really depressed from flagyl die off. At the moment im using flagyl once maybe twice a week depending on work.

is tindamax more tolerable?
    Is grape seed extract effective and tolerable?

I wonder if I just have a crap load of cyst form bacteria going by the severe die off. Is it going to be bad initially no matter what and just need to suck it up?

advice on detox would be appreciated . Nac and lipoic acid i use to help liver function. Recently added activated charcoal for when I have die off but more tip on making die off tolerable would be great.

cheers

2. Hanna

Hanna Senior Member

Jerusalem, Israel
    I used Flagyl in the past with horrible side effects, that prevented me to continue (I was taking 1000-1200 mg/day). That was 15-17 years ago.
    When my lyme doc proposed it last year for lyme, I didn't agree, and we switched for Tindamax.This was a far better experience for me (I couldn't stand-up at all with flagyl), and I ramped up to 1000 mg /day without major concern (one week each month).
    Detox consisted in desmodium tea (because tincture has alcohol, and it's a no-no with Tindamax and Flagyl) + Nac + ALA + parsley.

heapsreal likes this.
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)

Sounds like you have been treating lyme for awhile. I guess for long timers treatment never stops.

the existence of lyme cysts seems as controversial as lyme itself, this was after researching cyst forms. There has to be some reason why its so hard to eradicate.

cheers

Hanna likes this.
  4. celeste

celeste

UK
    @heapsreal It's taken me years to be able to build up to tolerating 2 day pulses of metronidazole. Slowly is ok though, and I'm gradually making good progress. I still can't tolerate tinidazole at all, as it causes far too much die-off which my body can't cope with. Many do find tinidazole more tolerable than metronidazole though, so perhaps worth a try.

For detox: bath or footbath with Epsom salts, dry body brushing (before shower or bath), Burbur and Pinella (Nutramedix detox herbs), lemon juice in water, Alka Selzer Gold (US version), oil pulling.

The burbur and pinella are tinctures with alcohol, but it doesn't cause me any problems even when taking metronidazole. I leave them to stand in water (can use warm water if necessary) for a while before taking them.

heapsreal likes this.
  5. Hanna

Hanna Senior Member

Jerusalem, Israel
    @heapsreal in fact in 1997-98 I took several courses of Flagyl for amybiasis (entomaeba histolitica), without success :( .
    I can't be sure I had already Lyme and co, but I fear it was the case. That may explain why I had so much die-off. Not only from amybes, but also from other bugs.

heapsreal likes this.
  6. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Yes to both.

Flagyl increases oxidative stress. It's not all die off.

heapsreal likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.