• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cutting Folapro

I tried using a pill cutter to cut Folapro into halves and quarters, but it's not a clean cut; it crumbles, which makes it impossible to control the dose.

I've read that some people crush it and then dose it out that way. For those that do, do you use some sort of scale?

Any other suggestions?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
You can also crush it, put it in water and use a syringe to draw off the dose you want. Example: If the pill is say 100 mgs, use 100 ml water and draw off 1 ml for 1 mg.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@marley2155 I do that with my naltrexone. I keep it in a brown glass bottle in the fridge, max a month. I'm not sure how it will work with the Folapro but probably the same.

FYI, I have a mortar and pestle, a 10 ml irrigation syringe and a 60 ml irrigation syringe to draw off bigger amounts. You can get them on ebay or at vet office.

Good Luck