• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cutler metal detox

I read a few comments on this in the past, but nothing definitive. Has anyone recovered with this protocol or is the best best possible improved symptoms? Would love opinions from anyone that tried it.

helios

I thought there have been a lot of success stories from people using the Cutler protocol, but not necessarily on this site. I remember reading quite a few testimonies of people who did it and felt a lot better but not 100%. I am sure there are a number of Youtube vids with people posting their progress. I was not a strong candidate for mercury poisoning based on hair & urine tests, but reading of others experiences / symptoms with Hg posioning I still wanted to give it a shot since I had poor health. I actually found I had a pick up with cognition & libido, but I developed bad eczema on my face. That could be assumed to be a sign of detox, but it hated it. I dropped the ALA dose back down and it helped reduce the eczema , but I was not making enough progress health wise as the months went by to compensate for waking up every 3 hrs to take the ALA that I eventually got tired of doing it.

I thought there have been a lot of success stories from people using the Cutler protocol, but not necessarily on this site. I remember reading quite a few testimonies of people who did it and felt a lot better but not 100%. I am sure there are a number of Youtube vids with people posting their progress. I was not a strong candidate for mercury poisoning based on hair & urine tests, but reading of others experiences / symptoms with Hg posioning I still wanted to give it a shot since I had poor health. I actually found I had a pick up with cognition & libido, but I developed bad eczema on my face. That could be assumed to be a sign of detox, but it hated it. I dropped the ALA dose back down and it helped reduce the eczema , but I was not making enough progress health wise as the months went by to compensate for waking up every 3 hrs to take the ALA that I eventually got tired of doing it.

Makes sense, thanks