• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cut/scratch-like sores, blister like-sores, pin-prick spots, body odor

Hi everyone,

Over the last several hours I've started developing dozens of sores all over my upper body. Some look like cuts and others scratches. They range from 0.5cm to 5cm. Over the last week I've come up in about 15 very small, sores on my hands, palms, arms and soles of feet; they're pink and flat, like macules, but have a definite centre, and itch slightly.

I've noticed, also, that the pin-prick cherry-red spots I have all over my arms, are now appearing on my legs.

My body odor has gone through the roof. I can shower and literally five minutes later I'll be stinking again.

I'm now also getting a strange pink mottled rash on my upper chest.

I'm wondering if any of this is due to detox, as over the last fortnight I've introduced all four members of the deadlock quartet? Or, could it be candida detox? Metal detox?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

veganmua

I think it sounds like you should see a doctor and have them examined. Better to be safe than sorry. Could be an allergic reaction or even a blood disorder - I would go to A&E or at least get an emergency GP appointment.
Wishing you the best!

ahmo

Hi oh_noes. It could be a generalized detox reaction. Or The only other thing I can think of is Dermatitis Herpetiformis. Typically, if underlying your thyroid problem is Hashimoto's, then iodine can trigger these outbreaks. Here's a link, you can search around at celiac.com This happens to me w/ iodine. http://www.celiac.com/articles/178/1/Pictures-of-Dermatitis-Herpetiformis--Article-Links/Page1.html

Unless this is induced methyl deficiency. Here's some edited Freddd:
[http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...and-minus-100-pounds.25788/page-2#post-405187
One can have a lot of food sensitivities, MCD, hypersensitive to odors, textures, just about anything, when folate deficiency symptoms are heavy, as with methyltrap. Gluten can make a huge difference if you are gluten sensitive, or dairy. However, if you are like me you won’t be able to tell until the deficiency symptom food sensitivities go away and see what remains. If you have celiac disease gluten can make you quite ill. It wasn’t until I did an elimination diet after being on MeCbl and AdoCbl for several years and at least400mcg Metafolin that the elimination diet made any difference. I can’t eat cheese, milk, whey but I can have cream and a little butter.

The potassium might start on the third day after starting AdoCbl,, MeCbl and Metafolin. This will usually start up methylation and rapid cell formation from long pent up demand. That causes low potassium frequently. If startup doesn’t happen then add in L-carnitine fumarate. That limits startup to about half the levels of healing at first. That is usually more than enough to deal with at first....
Typically several of these symptoms will appear suddenly with more appearing and worsening over time if corrections are not made. While these groups of symptoms are called ”detox“ by some alternative practitioners and many people otherwise knowledgeable about vitamins and supplements, depending upon what theories they are operating under, use this term. Typically they are working on a ”toxin“ theory of CFS/FMS/ME/MCS etc and that these vitamins and supplements mobilize the toxins which then cause all sorts of symptoms in the groups listed. As the ”translations“ are made it is clear that actual ”detox“ if it exists, has nothing to do with these symptoms and they can be dangerous to ignore. If it is ”detox“ in an actual sense, then it is in what is left after these other things are accounted for and/or corrected, perhaps 5-10% of the total initial number. Also, co-morbidities often show up in this way....

Group 3 - Induced and/or Paradoxical Folate deficiency or insufficiency
IBS – Steady diarrhea, IBS – Diarrhea alternating with normal, Stomach ache, Uneasy digestive tract, increased hypersensitive responses , Skin rashes, Increased acne, Skin peeling around fingernails, Skin cracking and peeling at fingertips, Angular Cheilitis, Canker sores, Coated tongue, Runny nose, Increased allergies, Increased Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Increased asthma, rapidly increasing Generalized inflammation in body, Increased Inflammation pain in muscles, Increased Inflammation pain in joints, Achy muscles, Flu like symptoms, Depression, Less sociable, Impaired planning and logic, Brain fog, Low energy, Light headedness, Sluggishness, Forgetfulness, Confusion, Difficulty walking, Behavioral disorders, Dementia, Reduced sense of taste, Increase irritability, Loss of reflexes, Fevers, Old symptoms returning, Heart palpitations, Bleeding easily.
Group 4 - Hydroxycbl onset, degraded methylcbl onset, methylcbl after photolytic breakdown onset.
Itchy bumps generally on scalp or face that develops to acne like lesions in a few days from start.

I'm truly sorry you've got so much going on at present.:(

Last edited:

Freddd

Hi oh_noes. It could be a generalized detox reaction. Or The only other thing I can think of is Dermatitis Herpetiformis. Typically, if underlying your thyroid problem is Hashimoto's, then iodine can trigger these outbreaks. Here's a link, you can search around at celiac.com This happens to me w/ iodine. http://www.celiac.com/articles/178/1/Pictures-of-Dermatitis-Herpetiformis--Article-Links/Page1.html
Unless this is induced methyl deficiency. Here's some edited Freddd:
[http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...and-minus-100-pounds.25788/page-2#post-405187

I'm truly sorry you've got so much going on at present.:(

Dermatitis Herpetiformis is a B12 deficiency symptom according to what I have read. MeCbl specifically.