• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Custom made B complex?

Gondwanaland

Considering that online orders take 6 weeks to be delivered to me, I am thinking of having a B complex compounded from my local pharmacy. It might come out too expensive, but I am trying to come up with an ideal formula for me to start low and slow, at the same time easy to be doubled by taking 2 capsules. I would appreciate suggestions regarding the components and dosages!

B1 Thiamin HCI ........................................... 10 mg
B2 Riboflavin................................................... 5 mg
Riboflavin 5' phosphate (activated B2) ........ ?
B3 niacinamide ..............................................30 mg
Inostiol hexaniacinate (no-flush niacin).......... ?
B5 calcium pantothenate ............................. 30 mg
B6 pyridoxine HCI ........................................ 10 mg
Pyridoxal 5' phosphate (activated B6)......... ?
B7 Biotin ....................................................... 100 mcg

Perhaps leaving B9 L-5 MTHF and B12 Methylcobalamin out?

ahmo

Gondwanaland

Hi ahmo, thanks for the tip, I didn't know about that B complex. Us Gondwanans should stick together LOL
I will use the Swanson's dosages as a guide.

My intl post deliveries take 3 weeks longer due to customs inspection (and taxation), making it a full 6-week waiting time.

I am willing to try everything from the local compounding pharmacy first b/c it already happened to me to order a supp online and then find out I can't tolerate it - vit C for instance.

izzy