The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Currently ill on valtrex - thinking of switching to famvir.

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by nofuture, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Even if there is deconditioning, things will probably improve pretty quickly and with little effort once you're doing better. When I have had brief remissions, I had a day of mild soreness (which felt great!) and that was it - it was suddenly easy to do much more than usual. No long and difficult struggle to gain additional strength, etc etc.

I've had a similar (though milder) sustained effect since starting Yohimbe. Suddenly walking up and down the stairs is just easier. I don't do it any more frequently than before, and I didn't have to train up to it. I just got a slightly better handle on my symptoms and the changes came like I'd just flipped a switch.

So I think it's best to listen to your body, and ignore the "deconditioning" psychobabble. Deconditioning has such a minor impact and is so quickly rectified when health improves that it's not worth worrying about it. You're not giving up on your health - you're doing what's smarter for your health at this point in time.

SOC and rosie26 like this.
  2. nofuture

nofuture

Michigan
    Yeah. I read mixed reviews about IV antibiotics in terms of length of time it takes to recover, but its the only option at the moment. Hopefully I see improvement once I start them.

I also saw a documentary on you-tube "Under our skin." It's very accurate about our medical community.

If anyone had experience with Lyme disease and IV antibiotics I want to hear your experience?

See more popular forum discussions.