• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CureME: New(ish) mailing list for ME news

Dolphin

Subject: Announcement of back-up mailing list for co-cure

Sent: 11 February 2016 21:20

Dear Sirs,
For the last year or so, only a few people that do not have to pass through the moderation step have have been able to post on the Co-Cure mailing list. Now, it is probably possible that the co-cure list might stop function all together at any point, as the owner of the list, our dear friend Ray Colliton, has deceased.

The Co-Cure list is an important source of information of what happens in the ME-sphere worldwide. I do not want the list to disappear, so I have created a “back-up” mailing list that can replace the Co-Cure list at the time it stops working all together.

As there is no way to reach all members/subscribers of the Co-Cure list once it stops working, I have to announce the existence of a new list, named *CureME*, in advance.

As a matter of fact, as most people can no longer post on the Co-Cure list, the new list might already have a purpose. So my suggestion is that people start to subscribe and post on the new list from now on.
CureME - International research news maling list http://me-cfs.se/mailman/listinfo/cureme_me-cfs.se
The new list only have one topic (RES=research), in order for people (such as physicians and researchers) to filter so they only receive these messages. There is no need to set ACT, NOT, MED, etc, for the new list.
Only RES is used.

Another difference with the new list, is that HTML format is allowed for the messages.

People that are interested in acting as moderators are invited to contact me. It would be good to have a couple of moderators in each time zone, such as Australia, Europe and the American continent.

I am 47 years old, and I have ME since fifteen years back. I have a masters of science in aerospace engineering. I live in the country of Sweden in Northern Europe.

Finally, I want to thank Ray Collition for his devotion and effort for running the Co-Cure list for so many years for the benefit of the worldwide ME community.

Yours Sincerely, Kasper
Kasper Ezelius
Ekängsgatan 23 lgh 1202
SE-702 25 Örebro
Sweden
--
ME-information: http://me-cfs.se

Dolphin

Subject: A NEW LIST TO PURSUE THE SPIRIT OF CO-CURE!

Dear subscribers to Co-Cure,

As you are aware of, the Co-Cure list have no administrator or moderator any longer. In order to allow for more people to post messages, a new mailing list called CureME has been created. For information and to subscribe, see further information on the home page of the new list:

CureME - International research news mailing list http://me-cfs.se/mailman/listinfo/cureme_me-cfs.se
It is possible that Co-Cure might stop function all together any moment, therefore the importance to spread this message in time.

You may spread this message further, but do not include my email address on any public web pages, because I do not want spammers to pick up my email address.

Best regards, Kasper Ezelius, Örebro, Sweden, Europe

Simon

Just to clarify why this is so important (regardless of co-cure stopping at any moment). Co-cure has't had a moderator for a long time, so only a few people like the heroic @Tom Kindlon have posting privileges. That helps keep it shorter, but means most people can't contribute.

Cure-me will be moderated so anyone can submit.