1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CURED CFS/ME? PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY HERE.

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by richard86, Dec 8, 2013.

1. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    My CFS is viral based. I have a whole bunch of herpesviruses in me that I fight to contain each day since I have had them. I find that taking BHT and then giving your body some time to detox aka clear out the havoc wrecked since day 1 is the best way to go. All protocols are supposed to last a lifetime.

The only positive thing I can say about this is that after having lived with it for so long I am now more sensitive to the symptoms and can be more poractive instead of reactive towards it.
  2. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    What's BHT?
  3. ask2266

ask2266

Atlanta, GA
    I'm 100% recovered; however, I consider myself in remission.

I had CFIDS under the canadian criteria for 4 years --from 2006-2010-- I got it after being in a coma and having septic shock. I had every symptom in the book-- fatigue, insomnia, post exertional malaise, dizziness, brain fog, yeast infection, wired and tired, tingling in nerves, light sensitivity, total disability etc.) My only pathogens are viruses (EBV, HHV6, Parvo). After 3 years on Famvir and Valtrex, (and numerous supplements), I did a 10-month course of Valcyte at the end of 2009. After the course was over, I got better and better every month until I felt 100% normal in mid-2010. Since then, I have been doing really well.

I only consider myself in remission because I ran a half marathon in 2012, and I had a brief resurgence of insomnia, yeast infection and brain fog. I took that as a warning and went back on antivirals and stopped running long distances, and the symptoms went away. Since then, I've been doing great, but I did have to go back on Cortef for Adrenal fatigue issues (VERY different than CFIDS-- only can't wake up in the morning, as opposed to the systemic fatigue and all encompassing problems of CFIDS), and I now take cortef so I can exercise.

I see Dr. Kogelnik to stay on top of things. I think I will take antivirals and cortef for the rest of my life.
  4. Radio

Radio *****

See more popular forum discussions.