• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CURED CFS/ME? PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY HERE.

undcvr

My CFS is viral based. I have a whole bunch of herpesviruses in me that I fight to contain each day since I have had them. I find that taking BHT and then giving your body some time to detox aka clear out the havoc wrecked since day 1 is the best way to go. All protocols are supposed to last a lifetime.

The only positive thing I can say about this is that after having lived with it for so long I am now more sensitive to the symptoms and can be more poractive instead of reactive towards it.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
My CFS is viral based. I have a whole bunch of herpesviruses in me that I fight to contain each day since I have had them. I find that taking BHT and then giving your body some time to detox aka clear out the havoc wrecked since day 1 is the best way to go. All protocols are supposed to last a lifetime.

The only positive thing I can say about this is that after having lived with it for so long I am now more sensitive to the symptoms and can be more poractive instead of reactive towards it.

What's BHT?

I'm 100% recovered; however, I consider myself in remission.

I had CFIDS under the canadian criteria for 4 years --from 2006-2010-- I got it after being in a coma and having septic shock. I had every symptom in the book-- fatigue, insomnia, post exertional malaise, dizziness, brain fog, yeast infection, wired and tired, tingling in nerves, light sensitivity, total disability etc.) My only pathogens are viruses (EBV, HHV6, Parvo). After 3 years on Famvir and Valtrex, (and numerous supplements), I did a 10-month course of Valcyte at the end of 2009. After the course was over, I got better and better every month until I felt 100% normal in mid-2010. Since then, I have been doing really well.

I only consider myself in remission because I ran a half marathon in 2012, and I had a brief resurgence of insomnia, yeast infection and brain fog. I took that as a warning and went back on antivirals and stopped running long distances, and the symptoms went away. Since then, I've been doing great, but I did have to go back on Cortef for Adrenal fatigue issues (VERY different than CFIDS-- only can't wake up in the morning, as opposed to the systemic fatigue and all encompassing problems of CFIDS), and I now take cortef so I can exercise.

I see Dr. Kogelnik to stay on top of things. I think I will take antivirals and cortef for the rest of my life.

I thought GROUNDING cured you? Hope you are well!

I'm 100% recovered; however, I consider myself in remission.

I had CFIDS under the canadian criteria for 4 years --from 2006-2010-- I got it after being in a coma and having septic shock. I had every symptom in the book-- fatigue, insomnia, post exertional malaise, dizziness, brain fog, yeast infection, wired and tired, tingling in nerves, light sensitivity, total disability etc.) My only pathogens are viruses (EBV, HHV6, Parvo). After 3 years on Famvir and Valtrex, (and numerous supplements), I did a 10-month course of Valcyte at the end of 2009. After the course was over, I got better and better every month until I felt 100% normal in mid-2010. Since then, I have been doing really well.

I only consider myself in remission because I ran a half marathon in 2012, and I had a brief resurgence of insomnia, yeast infection and brain fog. I took that as a warning and went back on antivirals and stopped running long distances, and the symptoms went away. Since then, I've been doing great, but I did have to go back on Cortef for Adrenal fatigue issues (VERY different than CFIDS-- only can't wake up in the morning, as opposed to the systemic fatigue and all encompassing problems of CFIDS), and I now take cortef so I can exercise.

I see Dr. Kogelnik to stay on top of things. I think I will take antivirals and cortef for the rest of my life.