• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CROI retroconference 2011:Paper about XMRV

Rita

Paper #: 215
Title: Development of a GFP-indicator Cell Line for the Detection of XMRV
Authors and
Affiliations: KyeongEun Lee*, F Ruscetti, P Lloyd, A Rein, G Fanning-Heidecker, and V KewalRamani
NCI-Frederick, MD, US
Paper #: 235
Title: Determination of Host Range and Cellular Tropism of XMRV
Authors and
Affiliations: Krishnakumar Devadas*, MK Haleyur Giri Setty, R Viswanath, O Wood, S Tang, J Zhao, A Dastyar, X Wang, S Lee, and I Hewlett
Ctr for Business and Economic Res, FDA, Rockville, MD, US
Paper #: 216
Title: XMRV Induces a Nonproductive Infection in Human Lymphoid Tissue
Authors and
Affiliations: Marta Curriu*1, J Carrillo1, M Massanella1, E Garcia1, B Clotet1, C Carrato2, J Blanco1, and C Cabrera1
1Fndn irsiCaixa, Badalona, Spain and 2Hosp Univ Germans Trias i Pujol, Barcelona, Spain
Paper #: 236
Title: Lack of the Detection of XMRV or Polytropic MLV-related Sequences in Blood Cells from HIV-1-infected Patients in Spain
Authors and
Affiliations: Joanna Luczkowiak*, O Sierra, L Martnez-Prats, S Fiorante, R Rubio, F Pulido, and R Delgado
Hosp Univ 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Paper #: 217
Title: Presence of XMRV Sequences in B Cells Are Restricted by APOBEC
Authors and
Affiliations: Jorge Carrillo*1, J Blanco1, E Garcia1, J Arreal2, B Clotet1, and C Cabrera1
1Fndn irsiCaixa, Barcelona, Spain and 2Hosp Univ Germans Trias i Pujol, Barcelona, Spain
Paper #: 237
Title: A Sensitive Real-time PCR Assay for the Detection and Quantification of XMRV
Authors and
Affiliations: Laura Li*, M Raines, and T Robins
Quest Diagnostics Clin Trials, Valencia, CA, US
Paper #: 218
Title: Single Copy and Single Genome Sequencing Assays to Detect XMRV in Human Blood Products
Authors and
Affiliations: Mary Kearney*1, A Wiegand1, J Spindler1, F Maldarelli1, J Mellors2, J Coffin3, and Blood XMRV Sci Res Working Group
1HIV Drug Resistance Prgm, NCI-Frederick, MD, US; 2Univ of Pittsburgh, PA, US; and 3Tufts Univ, Boston, MA, US
Paper #: 238
Title: No Evidence for XMRV Infection in Transplant Recipients from Germany
Authors and
Affiliations: Klaus Korn* and A Knoell
Univ Hosp Erlangen, Germany
Paper #: 219
Title: Discordant XMRV Test Results and Non-reproducible Mouse Endogenous Retroviral Detection in an XMRV Prevalence Study
Authors and
Affiliations: Timothy Henrich*1,2, J Li1,2, D Felsenstein2,3, R Plenge1,2, N Lin2,3, D Kuritzkes1,2, and A Tsibris2,3
1Brigham and Women`s Hosp, Boston, MA, US; 2Harvard Med Sch, Boston, MA, US; and 3Massachusetts Gen Hosp, Boston, US
Paper #: 239
Title: Limited Evidence of XMRV Infection in Different Populations in Spain, Including Patients with CFS and PC
Authors and
Affiliations: Miguel Arredondo*1, J Hackett2, F de Bethencourt3, A Trevio1, D Escudero4, A Collado5, P Labarga1, P Swanson2, V Soriano1, and C de Mendoza1
1Hosp Carlos III, Madrid, Spain; 2Abbott Labs, Abbott Park, IL, US; 3Hosp La Paz, Madrid, Spain; 4Hosp Germans Trias i Pujol, Barcelona, Spain; and 5Hosp Clin, Barcelona, Spain
Paper #: 220
Title: Serologic and PCR Testing of Persons with Chronic Fatigue Syndeome in the US Shows No Association with XMRV
Authors and
Affiliations: William Switzer*1, H Jia1, H Zheng1, S Tang1, R Garcia2, and B Satterfield2
1CDC, Atlanta, GA, US and 2Cooperative Diagnostics, Greenwood, SC, US
Paper #: 221
Title: Extensive Genetic Recombination in the XMRV Genome
Authors and
Affiliations: William Switzer*1, W Heneine1, M Prosperi2, and M Salemi2
1CDC, Atlanta, GA, US and 2Univ of Florida, Gainesville, US
Paper #: 222
Title: Disease-associated XMRV Sequences Explained by Laboratory Contamination
Authors and
Affiliations: Stphane Hu*1, E Gray1, A Gall2, A Katzourakis3, CP Tan1, C Houldcroft2, J Garson1, O Pybus3, P Kellam2, and G Towers1
1Univ Coll London, UK; 2Wellcome Trust Sanger Inst, Cambridge, UK; and 3Univ of Oxford, UK
Paper #: 91LB
Title: XMRV Probably Originated through Recombination between 2 Endogenous Murine Retroviruses during in vivo Passage of a Human Prostate Cancer Xenograft
Authors and
Affiliations: T Paprotka1, K Delviks-Frankenberry1, O Cingoz2, A Martinez3, H-J Kung3, C Tepper3, W-S Hu1, J Coffin2, and Vinay Pathak*1
1NCI-Frederick, MD, US; 2Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston, MA, US; and 3Univ of California, Davis, Sacramento, US
Paper #: 223
Title: Identification of a Novel Endogenous Murine Leukemia Virus as an XMRV Ancestor
Authors and
Affiliations: Oya Cingoz* and J Coffin
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston, MA, US

Rita

Sorry, I dont know. I am still shocked to read the titles of papers by Spanish investigators.
Is XMRV among Spanish CFS patients or not?
IrsiCaixa last year at the Hospital Germans Tries i Pujol XMRV found in 70% of patients in a small study, and now they say there is not XMRV among Spanish patients. and have done a study with other hospitals in Madrid and Barcelona. I dont understand. They have used the same laboratory techniques? I believed they wanted to present a biomarker or something like that.
We, the spanish CFS patients know that some spanish patients have XMRV,(test in RedLabs .. and Irsi Caixa) but for political and economical reasons is best to disuade that there is not this retrovirus in CFS .
Hope you have good and sunny wheather in Alicante.

Rita

Sorry I can see that this is not the right place for this thread...but in XMRV events...