• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Creepy crawly skin?

Hip

The medical name for skin crawling is paresthesias.

I found that my paresthesias can be treated with benfotiamine (a lipid-soluble form of vitamin B1), at a dose of around 200 mg, taken twice a day.

Mel9

The medical name for skin crawling is paresthesias.

I found that my paresthesias can be treated with benfotiamine (a lipid-soluble form of vitamin B1), at a dose of around 200 mg, taken twice a day.

Alternatively, I had this when I had an ACA rash on my leg caused by Borrelia (lyme disease). Before I knew what it was I treated it by rubbing coconut oil into my skin. This got rid of the rash but I still had the skin 'crawling' moving all over my body. Now that I am on high intensity Lyme antibiotics it has gone. ( try looking Up Morgellons and Lyme disease .)

Hip

My paresthesias (aka pins and needles) were caused by the virus that triggered my ME/CFS (likely coxsackievirus B), and I had these paresthesias for over 5 years, but now they are finally gone. When I had the paresthesias, benfotiamine was the only supplement I could find that treated them (and I tried many supplements that help peripheral neuropathy).

Benfotiamine also helped with my cold hands and feet, as it boosts circulation by increasing eNOS.

PennyIA

Noted that the Biotin got brought up with this. I will also give my 2 cents. I actually had this symptom while I was taking doctor recommended dosages of B6 which turned into B6 toxicity.

Both B6 deficiency and B6 toxicity can provide quite similar symptoms (I know now, didn't know then)... and I was following my doctor's advice and just didn't know any better. I apparently have some sort of genetic factor (assumed since my mother also became toxic on the recommended 'safe' dose) which means I'm not processing the B6 nor P5P quite properly or am missing some co-factors I would personally need.

I would recommend B6 testing (fasting blood test) for anyone who has this who hasn't had that ruled out as a factor as it should be relatively easy to add supplementation or modify existing supplementation. It took a long battle for me to convince the doctors to test for it (as they were adamant my dosage was safe for everyone); but once they saw the test results they had me stop the B6 supplementation and it helped right away. I keep trying to suss out what I really need from B-vitamins, and B6 is needed all over the place, but I can only tolerate it for little bit at low doses as P5P before the symptoms return, so I have to stop again.

stetson28

If it aint broke don't fix it...but.
Alternatively, I had this when I had an ACA rash on my leg caused by Borrelia (lyme disease). Before I knew what it was I treated it by rubbing coconut oil into my skin. This got rid of the rash but I still had the skin 'crawling' moving all over my body. Now that I am on high intensity Lyme antibiotics it has gone. ( try looking Up Morgellons and Lyme disease .)
I share the same experience with the aca rash did that ever clear up?