• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Creatine supplementation reduces my PEM

eric_gladiator

I'm taking this: Glutamine 8-10 GR, ribose 10-15gr, creatine 8-10gr.Creeis that can be harmful to the body? My despair can

eric_gladiator

@ Worried1230
Sí, lo siento, lo puse en inglés: he hablado con algunas personas y me han dicho que es necesario practicar deportes para tomar eso. No sé en qué medida eso es cierto

I don't know if this is a one-off or repeatable but I've largely avoided PEM from walking for an hour the other day, which is a stupid thing to do. But I wanted to test my cocktail and it seemed to work:

5g creatine HCI twice a day
Huperzine A 50mg twice a day
One standard dose of BCAAs when I felt myself beginning to descend into crashland.

I do seem to be on a slow upward climb so this may not be replicatable but wow, I'm amazed it worked at all.

grapes

I don't know if this is a one-off or repeatable but I've largely avoided PEM from walking for an hour the other day, which is a stupid thing to do. But I wanted to test my cocktail and it seemed to work:

5g creatine HCI twice a day
Huperzine A 50mg twice a day
One standard dose of BCAAs when I felt myself beginning to descend into crashland.

I do seem to be on a slow upward climb so this may not be replicatable but wow, I'm amazed it worked at all.

Hey susieq777, are you still using this cocktail and the amounts? Oh wait, you seem to have just posted it!!

Why only 50 mg of Hyperzine A? I looked on Amazon, and the majority are 200 mg caps, though I did find a 50 mg.

Hey @grapes, I've upped my Hup A dose by double now, so to 100mg twice a day.

I know it hasn't been long but I'm still impressed with how much this is helping me. I took on some transcription work yesterday and the day before, which was 4.5 hours worth of work! I'm feeling sinusey today and needing to rest - but I haven't had my creatine yet. I keep expecting to crash out with days-long PEM but it hasn't happened yet. For this largely housebound PWME, this is a pretty big deal.

grapes

Hey @grapes, I've upped my Hup A dose by double now, so to 100mg twice a day.

I know it hasn't been long but I'm still impressed with how much this is helping me. I took on some transcription work yesterday and the day before, which was 4.5 hours worth of work! I'm feeling sinusey today and needing to rest - but I haven't had my creatine yet. I keep expecting to crash out with days-long PEM but it hasn't happened yet. For this largely housebound PWME, this is a pretty big deal.

Hi. I'm not even sure what the Huperzine does to prevent a crash? I do see it helps the neurotransmitters in the brain. But nothing to counter a PEM crash?

The Hup A and creatine together are what's feeling so helpful. The Hup A helps with vagal tone and to dampen down my insane sympathetic nervous system responses. During a crash I have a lot of emotional symptoms that directly mimic my fraught childhood and feel remarkably like PTSD. The Hup A and creatine both help to reduce that a little while I'm in the crash and minimise its duration, as well.

It is quite wonderful to spend less time in that total hellhole. Less time spent in that almost unendurable space = less suicidal ideation.

Learner1

Huperzine A is cholinergic. It is effective for my POTS after I was unable to get pyridostigmine (Mestinon) compounded. Helps me exercise and stand without dizziness. 200mg is the standard dose in most supplements.