• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Create a CFS/ME Internet TV Channel Free and Tell Your Story

Carrigon

I found a site that is better than Youtube. It's called Veetle. Veetle lets you stream videos from your pc, webcam and other sources completely free. You can create an internet tv channel in seconds. You can create a live webcam stream or make your vids and then stream them. You are creating your very own internet tv channel, totally free. You can tell your story, talk about anything you like. You can make your channel private or public. Private will only allow people with the url you give out to watch.

To be a broadcaster, you need a good net connection, like broadband, but it will work even if you have a lower connection. You download the free plugin for broadcasters, (only needed for broadcasters, regular watchers don't need it). And then just pick your files or webcam from the Veetle site. Save your playlist and you can be on air in seconds. You must keep your browser window open to the page that gives you the option to go off air or your broadcast will stop. That's it. Try it. There are no timelimits like Youtube has. You can broadcast 24/7 if you like. You can broadcast any video you have on your pc, so if you just want to broadcast info vids about CFS/ME, you can do that, too. This is a live, real time stream. You will use some of your own bandwidth as though you were uploading, so you should keep track of how big your file is. If you are worried about bandwidth, broadcast once a week or limit yourself to a few hours a day.
http://veetle.com/index.php

Mark

Thanks for this Carrigon, this looks really promising, perhaps we can use this for things like interviews and live coverage of events...