• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crawley: How to deal with anti-science BRS2017

Cheshire

I managed to save this one:
upload_2017-4-28_16-20-7.png

And Keith Gerarghty recorded a few photos:
upload_2017-4-28_16-21-44.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-28_16-19-21.png
    upload_2017-4-28_16-19-21.png
    361.7 KB · Views: 19

Countrygirl

C-e8MApXcAEmRZm.jpg

I don't know about you, but I find this offensive, and potentially libellous.

I worked very hard to gain my degree and was on course to be ..........................(huge shame!.......but one can be permitted a little foolishness in youth ;)) a psychologist............:oops::lol::aghhh::redface::redface:.........when ME struck.

I was not hanging round street corners for my next fix as suggested in EC's slide

I was never a criminal.

I did not live in a slum.

I did not indulge in bad relationships.

EC. I regard your public comments as offensive!:bang-head:

I eagerly await your apology.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"

She has resorted to using the SOCIAL MEDIA TASK FORCE to disseminate her fake news!!! :lol::lol::rofl::rofl:

He is a the social media police for the International Society for Nephrology (about kidneys)

Nephrologist; Member of the ISN Social Media Task Force. Tweets are not medical advice
For this upcoming World Congress of Nephrology, ISN has constituted a Social Media Task Force, joining forces with a group of dedicated people, to cover the congress on social media. This will include live coverage of selected sessions, interviews of participants and key stakeholders, and much more.

https://www.wcn2017.org/organizers/social-media-task-force

Can someone please please tell me how on earth a professional person can stand up and do this and still be able to comply with their professional bodies regulation and maintain their competence licence?

Please Dr Edwards - tell me does the medical professional institutes and the GMC have no standards or ethics or regulations. Why is she still a licensed doc? These were all bare face lies and smearing of vulnerable patient groups.

There is no industry or profession (including the much recently maligned banking industry ) that allows this sort of delusional lies to go on by their members without either reprimanding or being struck off. What is wrong with medicine??????

Very reasonable questions.

I have no answers.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
C-e8MApXcAEmRZm.jpg

I worked very hard to gain my degree and was on course to be ..........................(huge shame!.......but one can be permitted a little foolishness in youth ;)) a psychologist............:oops::lol::aghhh::redface::redface:.........when ME struck.

I was not hanging round street corners for my next fix as suggested in EC's slide

I was never a criminal.

To include this in a lecture about how to deal with anti-science IS offensive and potentially libellous. It is clearly intended to support the claim that patients are being unreasonable.

dangermouse

How are these people (EC et al) taken seriously when they have anything to do with The Lightning Process? Come on. We are talking about having patients jump in a circle clapping hands whilst telling the symptoms to stop! For goodness sake, has the world gone mad?

Last edited:

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
How are these people (EC et al) taken seriously when they have anything to do with The Lighting Process? Come on. We are talking about having patients jump in a circle clapping hands whilst telling the symptoms to stop! For goodness sake, has the world gone mad?

It`s easier to sacrifice heads to the sun god in the jungle in the 14`th century, which is approx where CFS-research is in the scientific timeline.

Perhaps we are just reading this all wrong. Perhaps her talk was on how to deal with anti-science research practices and still get funding, after all, she'd be the expert there.

"Step one. I always dilute the numbers of patients who actually have the condition I'm claiming to study as much as possible. This makes it easier to get the results that I want to.."

dangermouse

C-e8MApXcAEmRZm.jpg

I was never a criminal.

Yes, I find it very offensive. It's disgraceful. I honestly don't know how she is getting away with this.:thumbdown:

Keith Geraghty

Crawley has made a grave error in judgement here - but at least her stupidity means she's saying to a wider public medical audience just how she feels about many thousands of patients and family member and scientists who’ve written to her to complain about some of her studies or methods.

She has a status as the UK CFS/ME Collaborative Deputy Chair and she has a responsibility to work on helf of all patients not just those who agree with her and this presentation shows me that I can have no faith in her and that she is the wrong person for the role she has.

She has essentially used her status and research to denigrate those who argue with her as anti-science vexatious militants and she has the audacity to attempt to school other doctors in how to evade requests for information using the most flimsy of excuses - showing her to be anti-open science.

p.s. the chap who tweeted these slides a doctor - I retweeted them, he blocked me (for retweeting nothing more I had no contact with him - thats the atmosphere Crawley is creating with this. I have a good mind to write a letter of complaint to the University of Bristol and the Collaborative - its an outrage

She must go from the Collaborative in my opinion, her position is untenable after this presentation.

taniaaust1

C-e8MApXcAEmRZm.jpg

I was never a criminal.

Cant a group of u in UK get together and do a group court case and see if you can do her for slander, as this is quite harmful to u all being a well recognised dr her saying these things she wouldnt be able to prove. What better evidence can u have then these public put things from her

Gijs

Anti science? she's missing the whole point, these patiënts and their doctors are fighting for REAL science, not unproven ideas of hysterical psychoquacker(s)y, you're a shame for science! All the work of her and her delusional friends are an example of anti science.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
It looks like this poor chap Dr Sridharan is about to get a bird's eye view of what it's like to be on the wrong side of history when the science of ME is more fully documented and verified.

I'm always surprised at the absolutely boldness of people who are scientists who care so little for scientific truth over political sucking up.

ETA: Looks like I was mistaken and Dr Sridharan has come on here to engage with the other point of view.

Last edited: