1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Craniosacral therapy Improves Pain, QOL, and Mood in FM

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Cort, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    My recollection is that Dr. Lapp found that craniosacral therapy was helpful in ME/CFS. He also found that ME/CFS patients tended to have very tense upper bodies and exhibited shallow breathing patterns.

Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2009 Sep 3. [Epub ahead of print]
    Influence of Craniosacral Therapy on Anxiety, Depression and Quality of Life in Patients with Fibromyalgia.

Matarn-Pearrocha GA, Castro-Snchez AM, Garca GC, Moreno-Lorenzo C, Carreo TP, Zafra MD.
    Almera, CP 04009, Spain. lemur@correo.ugr.es.

Everything improved; pain, sleep, quality of life, anxiety in the FM patients undergoing craniosacral therapy

Once the treatment stopped, though, many of the improvements disappeared - the treatment is hitting the symptoms but not obviously the cause. Gotta keep doing this treatment for it to continue working

2. klutzo

klutzo Senior Member

Florida
    Cst

Hi Cort,
    I had 3 sessions of cranial-sacral therapy just for general Fibro pain and it had an interesting side-effect. It cured my long-standing TMJ. I threw out my annoying night splint and have not had even a hint of TMJ since then, and that was over a decade ago. There was no need for follow up sessions.

klutzo

See more popular forum discussions.