1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

cracking joints

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by helen41, Feb 19, 2011.

1. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    It sounds strange, but for the last few weeks, my joints crack everytime I move. All joints. I stand up, my knees crack. I roll over in bed, one shoulder cracks, then my back, then the other shoulder. Nothing hurts differently than usual, and my husband says it hasn't woken him up, but it really seems loud to me. So frustrating. As soon as I come to terms with one thing, something else gives out. Has anyone ever heard of this as a CFS problem?

2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Yes i have this, my doc said that it is oxidization or 'rust' so to speak, antioxidants have helped, inosine was another supp that helped and was told it works by increasing uric acid levels which then combines with cholesterol to form an antioxidant, but be careful if u have gout. One last thing that helped me alot in this department was pregnenolone which helps support adrenal hormones cortisol and dhea for which my levels were low, this was one of the first things i noticed from using preg but have since stopped as it caused me too much agitation and sleep problems, so maybe need to look into adrenal hormones and treat them with something that u can tolerate, u maybe able to tolerate pregnenolone better then me. Antioxidants are a good start though and if u have inflammation going on in your joints you probably have ut going on in other places, brain fog they say could be due to inflammation as well.

cheers!!!

3. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    I hesitated about posting because it sounded so odd. I should have known someone would know. You ROCK, Heapsreal! Thankyou!

4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    i think u will find its common as we all have alot of oxidization going on.

cheers!!!

5. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

Yes, I have it quite badly. So much so that on more than one occasion in a doc's office the cracking sound was mistaken for something a bit more nasty. It's a about the only amusement I've gotten in a doc's office when the brow furrows as the doc believes I've let one rip.

6. fla

fla Senior Member

Montreal, Canada
    I also have cracking elbows, knees, ankles, fingers and even jaw but never thought of it as an ME symptom. Come to think of it I've been drinking Acai, pomegranate, cranberry juice for antioxidant purposes and cracking is significantly less recently.

See more popular forum discussions.