• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CPPS Prostatitis Pudendal neuralgia

Iv had ME/CFS for about three years maybe a little more. Had a positive MELISA for lyme and bartonella. EBV, HHV6 also active a year ago. Recently I became afflicted with cpps or something like that. Urinary problems, lack of sensation in penis, tingly feeling in there. While this has happened my me/cfs has went into remission of some sort. Migranes, jaw ache, liver pain, fatigue, muscle pain and brain fog. Its all really calmed down. I do feel really depressed though.

I have it too. If you look around some other guys do too but they call it cpps or prostatitis. Same thing.

One guy mentions it went away when he used HIV antivirals.

Have you used any antivirals or anything else yet?

physicsstudent13

I have some terrible prostatitis for 6 months now and the antibiotics haven't cured it. methenamine helped it converts to formaldehyde in acidic urine. have you found anything that helps? I'm on Bactrim and doxycycline

physicsstudent13

I still have the infection for 6 months it is terrible, I added 2 large doses of cystex for 1 day.
are the shots for pudenal nerve safe, what are the side effects?

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I have CPPS and I think is partially or completely fueled by whatever causes the other symptoms, although the initial trigger which I remember well was physical.

physicsstudent13

what is the treatment for prostatitis? I've gone through 1 month of antibiotics of different types and still have terrible pain and numbness. I've read about these shots of antibiotics but there is some trauma potential damage with them. does the infection lower testosterone and damage you so that you have bad cognition and energy?-

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
what is the treatment for prostatitis? I've gone through 1 month of antibiotics of different types and still have terrible pain and numbness. I've read about these shots of antibiotics but there is some trauma potential damage with them. does the infection lower testosterone and damage you so that you have bad cognition and energy?-

If antibiotics dont help and over time you still have pelvic problems then IMO is not prostatitis (i.e. caused by an infection or an inflammation of the prostate gland), but a muscle/nervous/hormonal condition which some call CPPS. At the onset of my CPPS I had a few months of pain so intense I thought I was developing Peyronie´s Disease. The muscle dysfunction affects my penis which is sometimes very hard in flaccid state and sometimes looks curved in semi-flaccid state, that is why I actually believed that.

Surprisingly, now my pain is SO much better. I think a positive attitude about it instead of be stressed and anxious helped. The more I read back then about penis pain and "researched" the worse it got.

physicsstudent13

no I think that's a lie, prostatitis is caused by bacteria and fungus and needs months of antibiotics and maybe injections. I've had it for 8 months and it's making it difficult to work or study because of the pain and distraction.
is there a treatment for fungal infection other than diflucan? I have some clotrimazole cream but only used it a few times

viggster

The supplement quercetin has been shown by a doc at the Cleveland Clinic to help a lot of men with CPPS that does not get better with antibiotics: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21798389

He used a product called Prosta-Q in his studies. Just be careful and use only the recommended dosing - in high doses quercetin flips from antioxidant to pro-oxidant.

The doc in Cleveland who ran the study is Daniel Shoskes.

physicsstudent13

I started cipro methenamine again and methenamine seemed to help a lot with the pelvic pain but you have to keep taking it 1g day 2x day I'm doing it for a month with d-mannose, probiotics, prostate massage

cigana

I have CPPS too. Strangely, I found that avoiding animal protein (meat, dairy etc.) reduces the pain a lot. I think in my case some of the pain may be due to the increased inflammation caused as these proteins pass the gut-barrier (I have leaky gut).
Might be worth a try.

ps. I also have Lyme.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
The supplement quercetin has been shown by a doc at the Cleveland Clinic to help a lot of men with CPPS that does not get better with antibiotics: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21798389

He used a product called Prosta-Q in his studies. Just be careful and use only the recommended dosing - in high doses quercetin flips from antioxidant to pro-oxidant.

The doc in Cleveland who ran the study is Daniel Shoskes.
That and PollenAid.

physicsstudent13

I'm back on cipro and d-mannose 4 teaspoons a day with pipingrock urinary pills. what a terrible awful disease, I started doing prostate massage and it helps a little