New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CPPD/pseudogout attack?

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by out2lunch, Jul 30, 2015.

1. out2lunch

out2lunch Senior Member

Question: Has anyone here experienced a pseudogout attack in their knee, that was confirmed as crystal deposition, either calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate or another crystal, say… calcium oxalate?

I'm pretty sure I had one on Sunday, in my right knee. Unbelievably painful! The kind of "shoot me now" pain that makes you want to throw up, where you can't place ANY weight on the knee. AT. ALL.

Never experienced anything like that in my life. And I've had numerous injuries and meniscal surgery on that knee, two decades ago, that didn't come anywhere close to the level of pain I had on Sunday. :cry::cry::cry:

Anyone ever have oxalate dumping so severe as to cause a pseudogout attack?

2. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

i wonder about this too. i just had a big flare up of pain. my most recent UA showed oxalate crystals. can oxalate cause pain? what can you do about it? what causes it?

3. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

you bet
    lower oxalate intake, take magnesium (citrate), drink lemon juice
    high oxalate diet when deficient in B vitamins

We have an oxalate thread

4. Sidereal

Sidereal Senior Member

Yes, and it can be excruciating.

5. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

Is there a supplement I can take that would impact oxalate caused arthralgia pain quickly that might confirm that was the case with me?

6. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Vitamin B6 I guess, not sure

7. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    I get that severe, can't weight bear, pain in my big toe joint that lasts for a couple of days every now and then. I thought about Gout or Pseudogout but I don't have any redness, warmth or swelling when it happens. It never lasts long enough to consider any tests to find out what it is.

See more popular forum discussions.