Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Coyne's new blog on the flaws of the Dutch research into 'ME' and their version of CBT

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    This blog by Professor James Coyne is an important one as he writes a critical analysis of the Dutch papers on ME and CBT (in reality CF and their version of CBT).

When Esther Crawley presents lectures, she informs the audience that the Dutch studies are the foundation (my word, not her's) upon which her 'research' is based. A year ago, I waded through their papers and it was clear that they were riddled with fundamental flaws. Destroy the Dutch claims; destroy Crawley's.........neither are studyinng ME, but chronic fatigue..............unrelated to ME.

Coyne has produced a sueful resource for us here.

https://www.coyneoftherealm.com/blogs/mind-the-brain/when-psychotherapy-trials-have-multiple-flaws

Significantly:

2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    You could make the same criticisms of PACE ... oh, wait, we did. Its good to go back and debunk these claims, because one of the arguments used is that new findings are similar to findings in these studies, with the implication they should not be questioned.

See more popular forum discussions.