• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coyne - What it takes for Queen Mary to declare a request for scientific data “vexatious”

cat vexatious.jpg

SOC

Okay, since I have nothing better to do (brain hurts), let the fun begin!View attachment 13880
Love it! :thumbsup:

I bet we could come up with a lot of things they do that we could call vexatious. :p I'm certainly finding their petty reasons for repeatedly refusing reasonable requests to release their raw data pretty vexatious.

Their wording implies that they would release the data if it were asked for in the right way by the right people and yet somehow, now matter how many different ways we ask, it's not the right way according to them. It's like a sick game of Keep-Away -- ya know, that annoying ball "game" where the bigger kids toss the ball back and forth over the heads of the littler kids implying that if the little kids only tried hard enough they could get the ball and be the Keep-Away leaders with the ball -- which of course doesn't happen. It's a very vexatious game. :p

:music:"Nah nah nu-nah-nah, we have the ball and you can't get it.":music: Jerks.

Remember to include relevant tags when tweeting the photos! @QMUL is a good one for the appeals denials and related vexatiousness. They aren't going to feel public pressure if no one outside of the ME community is seeing the tweets about them.

Gijs

The authors of the Pace trial have something to hide when you look at their behavior trying to play the victim is a very clear sign for a psychologist.

A.B.

Richard Horton: The accusations that are being made about them is that they have behaved unethically, breached international standards of ethics, and indeed in a few examples allegations have been made to professional authorities, the General Medical Council here in the UK, about the work of these scientists, on the basis of the flimsiest and most unfair allegations. And indeed the study cost 4-million pounds to undertake but the allegations and the freedom of information requests and the legal fees that have been wrapped up over the years because of these vexatious claims has added another 750,000 pounds of taxpayers' money to the conduct of this study.

If they really spent £750,000 then publication of data must be an extreme threat to someone.

Last edited:

Cheshire

...in case anyone is wondering where I got the 750,000 figure from it is from here:

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational...tments-for-chronic-fatigue/2993296#transcript

...and that was in 2011 !
so unless that was an exaggeration or bald-faced lie for the purposes of 'extremist' propaganda they will have spent A LOT more than that fighting further FOI requests

Disproportionate is not even the correct word to use when you compare that amount to their
estimated cost of one person spending 18 hours in determining whether the information is held, then locating, retrieving and extracting the information
which reaches the unreasonable and deterrent price of£450!:eek:
http://www.meaction.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fs_50565190.pdf

(with such lengh of time, this estimation might at least include a basic training to use Excel...)

Last edited:

Denise