• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coyne: Should The BMJ silence authors who were abused by a reviewer?

Esther12

At what cost to ourselves. Let's stay silent so they can't smear us, ehh.... why isn't anyone listening to us?

'Be silent' is quite different from just trying to consider the likely costs/benefits of what I post.

Anyway, sorry for taking the thread a bit OT.

Last edited:

Woolie

I agree with those saying that trying to identify the reviewer would not be helpful.

If people try to name the reviewer, then it becomes all about the reviewer, and how terrible he/she was. If we ignore the reviewer's identity and focus instead on the endemic problems in the pro-PACE community, and the the BMJ's tacit support of it, then its a much more powerful argument.

Sean

Looks to me that this reviewer is trying to provoke this sort of response (outing the reviewer), in a desperate attempt to smear and distract and obfuscate the real issues and problems.

The content of their review makes it abundantly clear that they got nothing else up their sleeve, and that they know it.

So don't give them the response they are hoping for. :zippit:

No need for us to get our hands dirty on this one. :angel:

Last edited: