• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coyne - ‘We don’t share data.’ Why Peter White’s Wall Street Journal letter can be ignored

A fun, cheeky post. I especially like the Russell quotes.

I'm not sure if the White letter to the WSJ did really change much. The PACE researchers already said:

We have supplied requested, anonymised data to independent scientists, as part of normal research collaboration. Among others, these include a Cochrane review group who have independently validated the trial findings on the primary outcomes, and who are now undertaking an individual patient data meta-analysis using these data.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn/news/records/2015/december/release-of-data-from-the-PACE-trial.aspx

Also, I'm not sure about the wisdom of making fun of Lewandowsky's picture. Even though it was a ridiculous shot. And I have already made fun of it quite a lot in private. But 'shhhh...' we're meant to be playing it respectable!