May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

coursera.org: Free Class on the Human Microbiome

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by lnester7, Feb 1, 2016.

1. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    To all there is a free class on coursera.org : The Human Microbiome. Is very technical and I am only on module 1 but so far looks very informative and good.

Valentijn, msf, Theodore and 4 others like this.
  2. I can't find it. I think it's gone?

3. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Arius likes this.
  4. Thanks, Inester7!

lnester7 likes this.
  5. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    I have done the course (just the lecture part, wasn't interested in assignments etc). I do have a scientific background and knew a reasonable amount about the subject already so was able to skip through fairly quickly.

I had hoped to learn something new but didn't really - or not much - though it was interesting to refresh my memory about a lot of the background I had forgotten and to put the info into a wider context.

If you know little about the subject then this would be a very good course. Some scientific knowledge would help to progress more quickly.

I was a bit taken aback with the bizarre pronunciation of the latin names of the bacterial phyla, genera etc from people in the Knight lab - undoubtedly the result of Knight himself's mispronunciation. A minor quibble.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    lnester7 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.