The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

coursera.org: Free Class on the Human Microbiome

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by lnester7, Feb 1, 2016.

1. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    To all there is a free class on coursera.org : The Human Microbiome. Is very technical and I am only on module 1 but so far looks very informative and good.

Valentijn, msf, Theodore and 4 others like this.
  2. I can't find it. I think it's gone?

3. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Arius likes this.
  4. Thanks, Inester7!

lnester7 likes this.
  5. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    I have done the course (just the lecture part, wasn't interested in assignments etc). I do have a scientific background and knew a reasonable amount about the subject already so was able to skip through fairly quickly.

I had hoped to learn something new but didn't really - or not much - though it was interesting to refresh my memory about a lot of the background I had forgotten and to put the info into a wider context.

If you know little about the subject then this would be a very good course. Some scientific knowledge would help to progress more quickly.

I was a bit taken aback with the bizarre pronunciation of the latin names of the bacterial phyla, genera etc from people in the Knight lab - undoubtedly the result of Knight himself's mispronunciation. A minor quibble.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    lnester7 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.