• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Country Life B12 dibencozide has folic acid in it. Is this a problem?

adreno

PR activist
I guess if you have no mutations of your MTHFR gene, you'll be ok with folic acid.

ahmo

From everything I can gather from Freddd's research and writing, folic acid's not good for anyone.What a bummer. Joining the countless dead-end supp bottles in the cupboard.:(

Freddd

I can't believe I was too stupid to notice.

Hi Hidergard,

If you are only taking 1, and not every day, and not another source of folic acid, it's effect is likely to be minimal and will be more help getting the AdoCbl started than likely problem. However, there are those without folic acid which have a better result. Also, folic acid , reduces the serum halflife of B12 compared to methylfolate. On the average people can handle some small amount of folic acid.