1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Country Life B12 dibencozide has folic acid in it. Is this a problem?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Hildergard, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Hildergard

Hildergard

Cornwall, UK
    After waiting weeks for the adenysolcobalamin to arrive it has folic acid in it. Is this going to be a problem?

2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
  3. Hildergard

Hildergard

Cornwall, UK
    Oh for god's sake.

4. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I guess if you have no mutations of your MTHFR gene, you'll be ok with folic acid.

5. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    From everything I can gather from Freddd's research and writing, folic acid's not good for anyone.What a bummer. Joining the countless dead-end supp bottles in the cupboard.:(

6. Hildergard

Hildergard

Cornwall, UK
    I can't believe I was too stupid to notice.

7. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Hidergard,

If you are only taking 1, and not every day, and not another source of folic acid, it's effect is likely to be minimal and will be more help getting the AdoCbl started than likely problem. However, there are those without folic acid which have a better result. Also, folic acid , reduces the serum halflife of B12 compared to methylfolate. On the average people can handle some small amount of folic acid.

Hanna and SickOfSickness like this.
  8. Hildergard

Hildergard

Cornwall, UK
    I'm taking methylfolate too. 800 mcg of solgar metafolin.

See more popular forum discussions.