• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Countess to Lord O'Shaughnessy: What are the recovery rates for ME patients with IAPT programme?

Countrygirl

« Previous answer

All Written Answers on 15 May 2018

Next answer »
The Countess of MarDeputy Chairman of Committees, Deputy Speaker (Lords)
To ask Her Majesty's Government what are the recovery rates of patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis who have received treatment under the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies programme.
Lord O'ShaughnessyThe Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

This information is not available. :bang-head::wide-eyed::angel:

Does this answer the above question? :D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::whistle::rofl:
Yes0 people think so

You don' t say??? :D:D:rolleyes::rofl::zippit::ill::aghhh::depressed::wide-eyed::woot:

How many millions is this psych programme costing the UK, Lord O'Shaughnessy :angel:?

AND no evidence of any success? Really???:confused:

WHY are you rolling out this dodgy programme across the UK then if you have no statistics to support its efficacy? It wouldn't be because it is merely cost effective to ensure all ME patients are diverted from the medical pathway so they are deprived of the limited medical support they have, would it??:rolleyes::whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

alex3619

We need to be watchful about how they define recovery. Recovery thresholds that are worse than starting capacity, like in PACE, is not recovery. If recovered they will have regained fitness, and regained capacity to look after themselves, look after others, and work or study. Slight subjective improvement not backed by objective evidence of a major restoration of capacity is not recovery.

lilpink

see also #757 on this thread -

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...e-whats-happening-across-the-uk.48710/page-38

for the reason why I

"suspect that at least some information regarding the recovery rates for ME patients is available or it would require very little effort to obtain it.

I wonder if there are any means by which the Countess of Mar could challenge this answer…..or would that be contrary to Parliamentary etiquette/protocol? "