• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Countess of Mar's Formal Complaint to the BBC

Molly98

Yay for the countess of Mar, what a brilliant letter, lets hope she gets a thorough and thoughtful response, rather than the standard bla.... bla... bla same old nothing of a response myself and anyone else who complained got.

Thank you so much Countess of Mar.:):thumbsup:

SilverbladeTE

Many, many thanks - yet again - to the Countess of Mar.
One wonders how deep the rot goes in the UK establishment. If ignorance were all we had to deal with we would surely have got the message through by now.

oh we KNOW how deep the rot goes
  • tens of thousands of children raped
  • hundreds of those kids were murdered
  • police, child protection and military intelligence officers have all come forward to state on the record to expose the fact they were ordered or even threatened at gun point by MI5 officers to keep such horrendous crimes silent
  • and at least 7 people who tried to expose it were assassinated, including the infamous and utterly impossible "suicide" of a campaigning ex-naval officer (which is also linked with MI5 trying to stop anti-nuclear and Scottish nationalists because the Elite don't want to lose the oil money they steal to fund their evil lifestyles and bullshit nukes they con the Public into thinking they need and waste billions on that feeds corruption etc etc. Funny how MI5, supposed to stop internal threats, is so involved in committing so much wrong doing....)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_MacRae

And how many politicians were charged and jailed for all this?
oh NONE, they let them all die off, rather conveniently many of them died off before the useless screwed up official "Inquiry" (i.e. cover up) began, and see what's happened with that Inquiry to grasp the level of duplicity.
One of the worst crimes in Human history and the inquiry is a total farce

After reading what some of those vermin like Cyril Smith MP got up to, the only horror I've read that was worse is from the likes of Auschwitz and Belsen.
The British child care home system was used like a concentration camp brothel system by these monsters, MANY care homes were run by these beasts, and the corrupt beasts in Parliament altered English law so that all child care issues were made secret...which let them cover this horror up.
Oh and then they sold the child care and legal system off and now it's a billion pound a year profit system for a few companies that are the only ones allowed to supply expert witnesses and lawyers....think about that (means once a child is in the care home system it's extremely hard to get them back out...£££ all the way to the bank)

So THAT is how rotten Britain really is, and the BBC is as we know, thanks to Jimmy "The Beast" Saville, deeply part of it all.

Note Cyril Smith MP wasn't just a paedophile, he was a pundit for an asbestos company in his constituency and stated that "asbestos wasn't as bad as folk made out"
Personally I'd have fed him an asbestos cactus, anally, applied via a sledgehammer, but that's just me :p
joking aside it does show how CORRUPT it all is.

there are also links, seriously, between the murder of a private investigator who was going to expose how corrupt cops in London were involved in this many crimes (a brothel was operated out of a London police stations basement cells, including children *allegedly*)
and also those corrupt cops were involved in the Phone Hacking Scandal, which thus links it to how the media is corrupt and how/why it reports some things with appalling bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Morgan_(private_investigator)

all about links of folk who went to exclusive universities and the Elite and scratching each others back...in circles upon circles

ash0787

Wonder if she would be able to bring about some form of punishment if the BBC does not respond, being in the house of lords and everything which I think is higher in power than parliament. Well played at any rate.

trishrhymes

I wonder whether there is a way for the Countess to make the letter more public, particularly if she doesn't get a reply.

Can she raise it in the House of Lords, and give copies to all members of Commons and Lords? That might set a few cats among a few pigeons.

This is of course, idle speculation and wishful thinking on my part.

leela

As a crazy person who has spent the last two months poring through Wikileaks US gov't emails, I hope some friendly force in the UK leaks those sealed ME documents so that the PR spin being addressed here so beautifully by the indefatigable Countess of Mar might gain a reality check
for any publishers willing to see facts rather than fabrications.

Apple

"Professor Creepy Crawley is currently under investigation by the GMC"

I have heard of a girl under her 'care' it appears she was absolutely negligent to. I don't think the girl or her family have complained or anything (she's currently in a hospital receiving treatment for comorbid conditions that were apparently ignored under her 'care'.) So I really, really hope this is true.

She's a disgusting excuse for a doctor.

Although let's be real, this is about ME in the UK. It'll be a slap on the wrist at the most.

Last edited:

Barry53

Wonder if she would be able to bring about some form of punishment if the BBC does not respond, being in the house of lords and everything which I think is higher in power than parliament. Well played at any rate.
The letter did clearly state it is a formal complaint, which at the very least means it has to trigger some form of response handling within the BBC. I think, but not sure, that statutory legislation might kick in if she does not get some sort of response.

Barry53

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle-complaint/ - there is a lot to read!

This bit may be relevant:-
We email or post over 90% of replies within 2 weeks (10 working days) but cannot always guarantee this. It will also depend on what your complaint is about, how many others we have and practical issues such as whether a production team is on location or otherwise away.

If you are dissatisfied with our reply you should re-contact us in writing within 20 working days explaining why. You may be able to take the issue further to stage 2 and if so we will explain how. This is normally either to the independent Editorial Complaints Unit or relevant senior management. We publish the findings of complaints upheld or resolved by the Editorial Complaints Unit and those considered at stage 3 on appeal by the BBC Trust in Complaints reports.

Molly98

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle-complaint/ - there is a lot to read!

This bit may be relevant:-
I am dissatisfied with their reply to my complaint but brain is too mushy at moment to put together a coherent response.

Did anyone else get a standard response they are dissatisfied with? anyone planning on taking it further?
or is there anyone who would like to take the opportunity to write in response on my behalf pm me.

PhoenixDown

The letter stated "Chronic fatigue is not the same as ME/CFS".
True but that was in response to the title of the BBC news report, it wasn't in response to the way the likes of Esther Crawley have hijacked ME with studies about chronic fatigue patients, at least that's not the feeling I got when I read it.

It should explain that positive results for CBT and Sleep Hygiene are due to them being tried on cohorts of chronic fatigue patients.

I am dissatisfied with their reply to my complaint but brain is too mushy at moment to put together a coherent response.

Did anyone else get a standard response they are dissatisfied with? anyone planning on taking it further?
or is there anyone who would like to take the opportunity to write in response on my behalf pm me.

For those who are or will complain about the BBC,

The BBC always passes off the first complaint with a standard response.

You have to re-complain, and then the complaint is seen by someone who was actually involved with the programme. They will try to tell you you are wrong, but with persistence, you might gain some more information that will be useful. (Your chances of success are not very high.)

Then you have to re-complain again, this time to the BBC Trust. You can use any additional information you have gained in the process to bolster your argument.

It is a classic bureaucratic system, functioning as a wearing down process. And, even in cases where the complainant is clearly correct, there is no guarantee of a just outcome.

Mass complaints will be batted away as an 'orchestrated complaint'.

For those still wanting to complain :D I would recommend that you use any help you can, and read the language used very closely.

Molly98

For those who are or will complain about the BBC,

The BBC always passes off the first complaint with a standard response.

You have to re-complain, and then the complaint is seen by someone who was actually involved with the programme. They will try to tell you you are wrong, but with persistence, you might gain some more information that will be useful. (Your chances of success are not very high.)

Then you have to re-complain again, this time to the BBC Trust. You can use any additional information you have gained in the process to bolster your argument.

It is a classic bureaucratic system, functioning as a wearing down process. And, even in cases where the complainant is clearly correct, there is no guarantee of a just outcome.

Mass complaints will be batted away as an 'orchestrated complaint'.

For those still wanting to complain :D I would recommend that you use any help you can, and read the language used very closely.

Thanks for this @Luther Blissett

Daisymay

For clarification:

Margaret Williams is in direct contact with the family of the young person involved in the current complaint to the GMC about Professor Esther Crawley.

The Countess of Mar’s letter to the Director General of the BBC about Dr Crawley’s broadcast promoting her FITNET trial was written on 3rd November 2016.

The chronology of the family’s complaint is:

26th January 2015: the family made their initial complaint to the GMC.
11th March 2015: the complaint was rejected by the GMC.
24th March 2015: the family appealed the GMC’s decision to reject their complaint.
26th January 2016: having reconsidered the evidence, the GMC decided to open an investigation.
02nd November 2016: the GMC concluded that there was no action to be taken against Professor Crawley and closed the case.

The GMC notified the family of its decision by letter sent by post; due to postal delays, the outcome of the complaint was not known about until after Lady Mar’s letter to the Director General had been written.

The family may challenge the GMC’s decision but are not in a position to do so until they are in receipt of the GMC’s expert opinion documents (which they have already requested, but for which they have to allow a full 40 days).