Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Countess of Mar visits the ME Biobank at the Royal Free Hospital in London (July 5th 2017)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by charles shepherd, Jul 6, 2017.

1. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

Countess of Mar visits the ME Biobank at the Royal Free Hospital in London (July 5th 2017)

Biobank report:

On 5 July 2017, we were visited by the Rt Hon. The Countess of Mar, a longtime supporter of the Biobank.

The Countess is one of the UK's leading advocates for ME/CFS research, and took time out of her parliamentary schedule to see the facility and meet with Principal Investigator Luis Nacul, Biobank Manager Eliana Lacerda and Research Nurse Caroline Kingdon, as well as Janet North and the staff of the UCL/RFH BioBank.

Some nice photos here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/mecfsbiobank/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1469034763143962

More info on the ME Biobank here:
    http://cureme.lshtm.ac.uk

Dr Charles Shepherd
    Chairman - ME Biobank Steering Group

2. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

Some people may recognise the lady in black to the right of the Countess of Mar in the photo

This is Caroline Kindon, our research nurse, who deals with the blood sample donations and visits severely affected people with mE/CFS at home who have volunteered to provide a blood sample for the ME Biobank

CS

MEMum, rosie26, Solstice and 11 others like this.
  3. Ambrosia_angel

Ambrosia_angel Senior Member

England
    Wow this is amazing. Thank you for posting! I never knew this place existed. I would love to work there :redface:

The UK makes so many steps backwards in regards to ME but I'm happy that there's a little glimmer of hope!

MEMum, rosie26, Solstice and 6 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.