• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Count Me In Marches On!

jace

Off the fence
Nine months in from the start of Count Me In, our patient driven march of dimes has achieved a lot. We patients have raised a total of $240,000 in prizes and donations this year so far. The Facebook Causes page shows that over $42,000 has been raised on Facebook, and for CMI a lot of us go through the WPI direct link in order to set up a regular monthly donation or because we can't afford the $10 minimum demanded on the Causes page. We are helping to fund the only independent state of the art translational lab and clinic, the organisation that has brought new hope, light and clarity to what was a very misunderstood illness, and we need to keep on growing.

Everyone counts. Not only every dollar but every donor. Those of us who can only give a little are still helping to swell the ranks of WPI supporters. Do not underestimate the value of the WPI being able to say "Yes! Look at our grassroots supporters, look at all these people who give to us every month, even if all they can afford to give is 1 or $1".

Running an organisation of the size and global reach of the WPI is an expensive business. Just think of the salary required to secure just one top-flight scientist, and you will understand why what we are doing with Count Me In needs to keep on growing.

Chris Cairnes, WPI Advocate of the Year, aka the Patient Advocate or Superdad, tells about the recent I Hope You Dance event
?A Magical Evening in Reno?. Check out the video link in Chris's post.

How can you help?
*Follow our ? Count Me In Blogspot ?for more information and links
*Donate via our Facebook ? Count Me In Causes Page ? (by credit card, $10 minimum)
*Or donate via ? WPI donation page ? where you can give a single 1/$1, use PayPal or credit cards, and set up a regular monthly donation or make a single payment
*Share a Count Me In message with your facebook friends every 20th of the month. Here's a suggested message:

Please help our march of dimes! Join us and be part of the change. Stand Up, Sit Down, Lie Down and be COUNTED. Your $// can make a difference. Just give what you can, a dollar will do, to the Count Me In campaign. Follow the Count Me In blog here: http://countmeincampaign.blogspot.com/ Please share this post xxx

Well said Jace. I can not imagine the costs of running WPI, i give every month - not a lot, but what I can spare

jace

Off the fence
Hi Tiabuf, I was in such a rush to share Lilly's poem, I didn't notice your post properly. Yesterday was a bit mad in several ways. The point of the Count Me In Campaign is just that, tiny regular donations, because with something like 17 million of us world wide, if we can each give as little as a dollar it will add up to serious money.

I'm hoping to get the accurate totals raised by CMI so far soon, and I'll post as soon as we have them. Things are rather busy over in Reno at the WPI offices right now, but they've promised to get back to us soon.

Please help CMI, if you can't afford to donate, then just sign up to follow the blog - http://countmeincampaign.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading xx

jace

Off the fence
Given the events of yesterday's media onslaught, the WPI needs our support more than ever. Please show them we are behind them 100%, and send a small donation with the links I give in the first post here.

Count Me (and you?) In to back translational focussed research and treatment. Sidestep the politics.

?"It is with deep regret & sadness that those of us involved with COUNT ME IN feel that the time has come for it to cease. Hopefully the Wpi & Dr Judy Mikovits can carry on doing great work.
We'd like to thank everyone for all your support & what we all achieved in coming together globally each month."

jace

Off the fence
tiabuf has said it for all of us at CMI. The end of a short era. Thank you, everyone who got involved.