1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Could vitamin D3 overdosing may be contributing to autoimmune diseases including CFS?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Fejal, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Moderator: No, I did not see any comment suggesting that you intentionally misinformed the board. I saw strong argument confined to opinion, which is permitted on this board. Name-calling is not permitted. Please cease this form of argument.

2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    I tend to have worse health when my D3 is really low, so probably not, at least in my case.

I was taking 4000IU recently, as my D levels were very low and I noticed no negative impact on my health.

3. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
    Fejal, can you elaborate further on this?

4. Fejal

Fejal *****

It was covered here:

The only thing I see to add is that I think Marshall's use of benecar indirectly improving the NF-KB pathway. I think Milk Thistle is a better option due to the cost and easy availability.

5. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    I take Benicar for Bpressure because of my POTS. What exactly does the above mean?

I take D3 drops. My D was VERY low. It is getting better now thankfully.

6. Fejal

Fejal *****

In the Faherty article cited above, many bacteria block the NF-kB pathway so that the immune cells can't defend the body by killing the bacteria through a process called apoptosis of the macrophages. Milk Thistle restores the pathway. Benicar also seems to improve it though through a different means.

If the bacteria have infected the body then the body's response is to overproduce vitamin 1,25D to kill it. However this isn't effective because the pathways are blocked so chronic, excessive vitamin 1,25D causes bone demineralization (hypercalcemia).

Currently MDs treating L-form infections aren't using supplements to restore the blocked pathways so recovery may be slow and incomplete (which is identical to the Marshall Protocol). For example, in 2008 Brietschwerdt reported that bartinella spp. took over a year to clear using antibiotics (JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY, Sept. 2008, p. 2856–2861). This is suspicious because white blood cells only have a lifespan of two months.

7. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    Thanks. I think I understand.

8. Fejal

Fejal *****

You're welcome Sally.

See more popular forum discussions.