1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Could ultraviolet light kill retroviruses (xmrv) in the blood of a live human?

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Rrrr, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

Could ultraviolet light kill retroviruses in the blood of a live human? Has anyone done UV light therapy for their ME/CFS and XMRV? If so, can you tell us how it went? Here is a video on this concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFg-tvosbo4

2. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

3. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

No. First of all what you are doing is applying UV light directly to a portion of the blood and damaging it. You could increase the risk of cancer. You also initiate a repair response when you put that blood back into the body. That is how it works. You certainly do NOT kill viruses directly. Secondly, if it were retroviruses, they integrate into DNA in many tissues and cells. So that would totally not work.

Se

4. kday

kday Senior Member

Take therapies done by so-called "quacks", make a giant machine that looks official that does the same thing in an automated fashion, get the device approved by the FDA, profit!

The machine is big enough and looks westernized enough that I actually think this therapy may get approved. If I had money, perhaps I would invest in it.

5. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

6. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

rolls eyes.
    It may help with secondary infections that are in the blood.
    I wouldn't irradiate *my* blood.

7. mojoey

mojoey Senior Member

Is that the same catseye who was "cured" by Dr. Farr's gut protocol?

See more popular forum discussions.