• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Could this be metal detox ?

Hi I'm new here, I've been following you guys for a long while now, there is just so much to learn here. Thank you for that !!

I've been taking methylfolate (100 mcg) and methylB12 (125 mcg) daily for 3-4 months and it helped me a lot.

However, recently I started having weird symptoms and I don't know what to do. I have :
- difficulty breathing, like my airways are constricted
- dry mouth, always thirsty (I could drink 4-5 liters a day)
- a feeling like my blood can't reach my arms
- ringing in my ears
- worsening of brain fog, but different, like something is happening in my brain, right behind my eyes
- no more appetite

It all came at the same time, together.

I tried taking potassium (300mg every 2h for 3 days) but it didn't help, and it made my depression worse (?).

What is happening ? Metal detox ?

I'd advise you go see a physician, particularly if you're having trouble breathing. The thirst could possibly be a sign of an electrolyte imbalance, along with the blood issue. Your dose of methylfolate & methylB12 may be too high and it's possible it is causing an imbalance in other areas of your body. If these symptoms are not typical for you, then I strongly recommend you see a doctor about it pronto!

Gondwanaland

When I had those symptoms it was B1 deficiency, and being to the ER 3 times was of no help.
B1 must be supplemented with plenty of electrolytes, esp. magnesium and potassium.

Also excess MB12 and Mfolate will bust thyroid and adrenals. Thyroid will first have a hyper spike, then will go hypo.

I never thought of B1 deficiency, but I think this was basically my methylfolate and methylB12 doses which were too high. Decreasing the dosages stopped most of my symptoms after 3 days.

I have a lot of issues with heavy metals, and I'm pretty sure now it was some detox symptoms. I started chelation following Cutler's method a few days ago, and it is helping me so much. Heavy metal poisoning is definitely part of the deal as well.