• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Could this be a parasite? (warning: long post)

CCC

They told us that secnidazole and doxycycline has an 80% chance of working. It was totally ineffective for us, but it is their 'level 2' intervention.

We needed the more humiliating approach, which is a triple therapy colonic irrigation following by 10 days of nitazoxanide.It worked first time. They do have more options after this.

(We were given the choice of going straight to the triple therapy, but the indignity of it all was a bit much for a then 16-year-old boy.)

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

They told us that secnidazole and doxycycline has an 80% chance of working. It was totally ineffective for us, but it is their 'level' intervention.

We needed the more humiliating approach, which is a triple therapy colonic irrigation following by 10 days of nitazoxanide.It worked first time. They do have more options after this.

(We were given the choice of going straight to the triple therapy, but the indignity of it all was a bit much for a then 16-year-old boy.)

Many thanks @CCC I'm not well enough to get to Sydney, so will have to discuss options with my GP here.