• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Could it be Folate Deficiency?

Mary

Moderator Resource
Are there any negative side effects from "too much methylb12" if the other cofactors are not present in sufficient quantity? Is there any toxicity associated with large amounts?

I don't know. All I know is that I don't have any negative symptoms from large doses of methyl B12. However, I did react quite strongly to large doses of methylfolate - it caused a strong detox reaction for me. I can tolerate, and do well with, 1600 mcg. of methylfolate, but when I bumped it up to 3200 mcg., I was in la la land - most likely mercury detoxing. The symptoms abated when I backed down to my 1600 mcg. a day dose of methylfolate. Meanwhile, I'm taking 10,000 mcg. methyl B12 (sublingual) with no problem.

Critterina

Ironically I felt better last year when my TSH was 4.1. After my adrenal incident, it dropped to 1.6, presumably suppressed by high cortisol.
I know there are interactions, but usually TSH is suppressed by higher thyroid (t3 and t4). Did you start using any thyroid, such as levothyroxine, synthroid, Armour, or Westhroid?

drob31

I know there are interactions, but usually TSH is suppressed by higher thyroid (t3 and t4). Did you start using any thyroid, such as levothyroxine, synthroid, Armour, or Westhroid?

It was 1.6 prior to starting any thyroid hormone. After starting thyroid hormone it dropped to 1.2, and then .4.

I'm off thyroid hormone (t3) now, and am about to see where it is.