Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cost and Outcome of Behavioural Activation versus Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Depression

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Sean, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Sean

Sean Senior Member

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(16)31140-0/abstract

Cost and Outcome of Behavioural Activation versus Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Depression (COBRA): a randomised, controlled, non-inferiority trial

Invisible Woman, Hutan and Valentijn like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Skinner revised.

3. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Having unqualified people telling you to pull yourself together and do something is cheaper than having a qualified psychologist delivering CBT. Both are just about as effective as each other. No shit.

4. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member

Nice acronym again though. I'm wondering what is better, getting bit by an actual cobra or being treated by the people that need to come up with these fancy acronyms to sell their studies.

5. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    LOL :eek: Psychologists on a Plane ... be afraid.

6. Effi

Effi Senior Member

Europe
    comment on this paper in The Lancet: http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(16)31131-X/fulltext?elsca1=etoc
    (my bolding)
    Replace CBT with an even cheaper version of the same, in a desperate attempt to keep the upper hand?

Sean and sarah darwins like this.

See more popular forum discussions.